Mrs P v Santander and Robinson Way

phatram
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3774 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Send the telephone harrassment letter and dont communicate with them. They are only acting on behalf of the bank so cant do anything. Besides, daily calls from then can be considered harrassment.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Send the telephone harrassment letter and dont communicate with them. They are only acting on behalf of the bank so cant do anything. Besides, daily calls from then can be considered harrassment.

Hmmm, not great advice there.

OP - Would you mind telling us a little more about the debt, what type of agreement is it and when was it taken out?!

Hmmm, not great advice there.

OP - Would you mind telling us a little more about the debt, what type of agreement is it and when was it taken out?!

It's a current account I had with Abbey for many years, lots of charges etc, I just never got round to reclaiming them. Don't think it would be statute barred but I will dig out statements and have look.

Mrs P

A few further questions for you.

a) when did you stop paying money into the account

b) when did santander closet he account and call it in?

c) have you ever written to santander?

Thank you.

a) About 5 years ago.

b)They sent me a default letter in Jan 2010

c) Yes.

9 February 2009

Antony Turbitt

Abbey

Manager

Banking Services

Customer Services (Banking)

PO Box 297

Bradford

BD1 1BR

REQUEST FOR REPAYMENT OF CHARGES

Dear Sir/Madam

SORT CODE ******

ACCOUNT NUMBER ********

My Request

I am writing to ask you to refund to me the charges which you have levied from my account as shown on the enclosed Schedule of Charges. I now understand that the regime of fees, exceeding overdraught limits and so forth, are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent consumer regulations. If you say that they are not, then will you please demonstrate this by letting me have a full breakdown of the costs to which you have been put by as a result of my breaches, in order to reassure me that your penalties really do reflect your costs? Additionally, it has now been confirmed that your particularly high level of penalties are considered to be unfair per se by the OFT who reported on the 5th April 2006 and are therefore presumed to be unlawful in the absence of specific proof to the contrary.

Your Responsibilities

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I am frankly shocked that you have operated my account in this way as I have always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my fiduciary. I consider that your repeated representations that your charges are fair and reasonable are deceptive and that they have deceived me into agreeing to pay them. Your concealment of the true nature of your charges has prevented me from asserting my right until now.

What I Require

I calculate you have taken £2035.00 plus £768.14 which you have charged me in interest for the sum which you have taken, totalling £2803.14. I claim interest at an annual rate of 28.70% compounded daily. The Claimant’s case for claiming this rate is based in equity, and a legal requirement for fairness and balance. It is based on your unauthorised overdraft rate that would be applied under the terms of the above mentioned account. I enclose a schedule of the charges I am claiming with this letter. I require this amount to be paid directly into my Abbey bank account.

My Targets to Resolve this Matter

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you will prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets. I will give you 14 days to reply to me accepting, unconditionally, my request in principal and letting me know a date by which I will receive payment.

If you do not respond, or you do not respond positively, within this time period, I will send you a letter before action giving you a further 14 days in which to reflect. I believe that these targets are more than sufficient for a large Company such as yours with dedicated Staff and departments.

After that, there will be no further communication from myself and I shall issue a claim at the expiry of the second deadline.

Yours faithfully,

19 March 2009

Richard Harris

Head of Complaints

Abbey

PO Box 5129

MILTON KEYNES

MK9 2YN

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear Sir/Madam

SORT CODE

ACCOUNT NUMBER

You have failed to respond satisfactorily to my letter of the 9th February 2009 and its enclosed schedule.

I enclose a further copy of that letter and a further up to date copy of a schedule of the money which you owe me.

If you do not return my money to me within 14 days I shall issue proceedings in the County Court and without any further notice to you.

Yours faithfully,

How is it not good advice? The bank has already stated that the DCA is acting on their behalf only. Therefore they can be ignored and the bank dealt with directly.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

How is it not good advice? The bank has already stated that the DCA is acting on their behalf only. Therefore they can be ignored and the bank dealt with directly.

The bank are likely to refer back to the dca. Also, there is nothing from the OP that even hints at harassment on part of the lender/dca.

It'll be unlikely that reclaiming the charges will be possible due to the OFT test case. You're still a little way off the debt becoming statute barred though you may wish to hold fire to see what they may do next.

• 1 month later...

If you have made it quite clear that you will not deal with them on the phone - only by letter then I think you could send the telephone harrassment letter. The one that refers to "Roberts v Bank of Scotland"

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387367-Harassment-by-Telephone&p=4317586&viewfull=1#post4317586

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D