style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3831 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Parked in a bay that said cars and motorcycles only, got a ticket. My vehicle is a VW T4 with side windows and three seats with belts in the rear. For example when I use the Severn Bridge I pay the car toll not van or camper van. Any advice out there? Thanks peeps

Phone the council and ask them what vehicle definitions they use to classify these bays. They will have it set down in writing somewhere, and it's probably something to do with the vehicle weight, or some such criteria.

Once you know, you can tell if your vehicle qualifies to park there, and if it does, send proof of that with an appeal letter. If it doesn't you can still appeal on the basis that it was an honest error, but of course your chances of getting it cancelled would be less.

Hi and welcome to CAG

I think we need a bit more info.

Was this a Penalty Charge Notice or a Parking Charge Notice (very different beast)

Where were you ticketed

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I don't think I would class a T4 as a car, are you paying car insurance and is it classed as a car on your V5?

It would depend on the definition used for a car, I have never seen a van park for example they are usually called car parks. For parking purposes vehicles are usually cars, buses/coaches, goods vehicles, Motorcycles or HGVs, I've never seen a legal sign for 'vans'.