sky - didnt cancel account and continued to charge

surrey_36
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3814 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just discovered that Sky did not cancel my account over a year ago and have been charging me monthly. Over £700 worth of charges for TV/Phone/Broadband.

I called them in December 2012 and cancelled the service, I noticed in January the service still had not been cancelled (so rather than call as calling sky costs a lot) I logged into 'my sky' and sent an online message. I had a reply saying that they are sorry the service was not cancelled and that it would be cancelled now and theyd look into why it was not done before.

STUPIDLY, I did not pick up on my statements that the charges continued.

I have just called them and the rep has put me hold while he looks for information at his end. Should I be looking for full refund AND compensation??

Any advice id be grateful!

Thank you!

A Full Refund most certainly.

Not sure what compensation you could claim though. Have you suffered any kind of financial loss as a result of their mistake? You could possibly claim for any interest you might have claimed, but I doubt the interest on £700 at the rates of the past year would be much at all. There's certainly no harm in asking, but I don't think you'd have grounds to force the compensation angle.

At best you could get a refund as a gesture of good will.

Don't even mention compensation as you might get their back up and get nothing and they might ask you to prove you have not been viewing it which of coarse you cannot.

Yes Sky did wrong but you are half to blame here for not checking your statements.

• 1 month later...

Just cancelled my sky broadband with SKY, now my service has slowed to a snails pace, I wouldn't now touch sky with a a pole that reached to alpha centaurs star constellation. ,:mad2: Just like all broadband suppliers they get 'the face on and get all mardy when you no longer cough up your hard earned cash to them.:mad2::-x