Amazon took the wrong amount for my purchase

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3846 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yesterday, I purchase one of Amazon's lightning deals (Voi Jeans Men's Dutton Relaxed Jeans - £19.99) while the lightning deal was still active, in-stock and within the 15 minutes of placing it in my cart.

Unfortunately, they have charged me £50 for these and despite repeated arguements via phone, e-mail and live chat, they are refusing to do anything whatsoever.

I then contacted my credit card company to report this - but they just said that it is not fraud because I gave Amazon my credit card details. They also told me that if you give your credit card details to anyone, they have free reign to take as much money as they want from you and that this isn't "fraud".....

What can I do ???

Edited by ims21

Just putting it in your cart doesn't necessarily get you the Lightning deal though. When you actually went through the checkout was the deal over because all units had been purchased? If so that's why it went through at full price. If you had it in your cart for 15 minutes before going through the checkout, that's the most likely scenario.

Your only options are to either pay the full price, or cancel the order I'm afraid.

As I stated in my original post: "the lightning deal was still active, in-stock and within the 15 minutes of placing it in my cart."

I did everything correctly to claim this lightning deal, but their system has made a mistake. This is the same system that thinks £100 is less than £12 when you sort by price...