Charging the bank for having to write to them due to their mistakes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:) Hello, I joined a while ago and I'm still unsure how posting and replying works, but I have decided to have a go.

I have a question which I would appreciate an answer to

:?: Lloyds TSB made three mistakes on an account that I have with them. I noticed the mistakes and wrote to them to ask for an explaination. They sent a reply which explained their cheque system but did not offer any compensation. I wrote back and said I wanted paying for the 2 letters I had to write, £30 for each, based on their charges, due to my time etc.

if I had not noticed the mistakes the account would have gone overdrawn, then they would be charging me!

Has anyone succesfully charged a bank for writing to them, can I claim in the small claims court?

I have heard on the radio in the past that someone did this.

I am still waiting for a reply to the last letter I sent them as they need more time to look into my complaint.

Thank you for your help

I hope I will be able to see the replies

regards TextilesLady

Due to an error my bank took money from my account, put it into an internal bank accout earning interest for the bank. I discovered this almost immediately and spent seven moths attempting to get someone to respond to my letters, emails, phone call s etc. Eventaully I did and my money was found. It was paid back almost immediately, then the charges made to my account in this period were returned. I received letter form bank offering £1000, then a letter advising that this letter was incorrect, then a verbal offer by phone of £500, then a letter of £250 as compensation. I have cast iron admission of their error and copies of all correspondence. The Financial Ombudsman has recently been awarding record compensation amounts, so it might be possibel to go there. However, if you take small claims route, you can indicate stress and worry etc. When you go over the line , the banks charge £39 or whatever. Isit not correct that each time they promulgated one of those lettters due to thier mistake, you have the rigt of reciprocity to claim such similar sum back again?:rolleyes: