PCN with contravention 12 on a unadopted road

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3851 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Just received my first ever PCN while watching LUFC. I parked on an unmarked unsurfaced road which I understand is unadopted by the council. There are no signs or bays on this particular stretch of unadopted road etc. however, looking at satellite images, about meters before turning into either side of the of road were I got the PCN there are signs which state the following 'resident permit parking only past this point on match days and events. The PCN contravention is code 12 is it enforceable.

I have taken a screen shot of where I parked, approximately to the right of the arrows.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

thanks green and mean, but my point was that because it's unadopted by the council they have put no signs or marked bays but my PCN was given for contravening code 12. Are you suggesting the PCN is enforceable, even though there are no signs or marked bays on the road I parked, although apparently a residential area requiring a permit during match or venue periods.

It is not unknown for parking restrictions to be signed in the way you describe. You could ask the council for clarity on what the restrictions are at that precise spot, and the relevant section of the parking order (which is the legal basis of the restriction at that place), but at present there is no reason to think anything improper has happened.

If the road is unmade then painting bays would seem pretty pointless therefore the most appropriate signage would be signs similar to the one you describe which are legal.

Permit Parking Areas - diagrams 663.3 and 664.1

new entry and exit signs have been prescribed indicating what has been defined as 'permit parking areas', within which permit parking upright signs to diagrams 660 or 660.3 may be placed in sufficient numbers as appropriate. This control can be introduced where parking in an entire road, or area, is reserved for permit holders and where no other parking facilities are permitted. Local authorities may allow loading within the permit parking area, as a general provision within their TROs, but which is not signed.

Parking bay markings are not permitted within permit parking areas. Only where waiting or loading restrictions apply, may yellow line waiting restriction markings (diagrams 1017 and 1018.1) and loading restriction markings (diagrams 1019 and 1020.1) be placed at those