Lowells full and final problems

sbox65
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3840 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

Lowell recently agreed a full and final settlement on an old mobile account, however they will not send a F&F letter only a "confirmation" after payment has been received. Not only that but in order to get the confirmation they want debit card details.

I explained I will not hand over debit card details until I have the F&F letter, the operator banged about the confirmation - we went round in circles. At the end of the call (Yeah I know bad start Jack) the operator told me as there is no arrangement in place on the system they are unable to stop calls, text messages and threat o grams.

Any advice on how I proceed will be much appreciated.

Tell them that until confirmation of your proposal is sent in writing, no payment will be made. As you know, they are doing their normal trick. They say things over the phone but wont put it in writing.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Ignore lowlifes, and certainly ignore paying them anything, if the OC wanted their money then they would have got it from you themselves.

How much is this for?

And as you found out, talking to the toddlers over their toy phones is as much use as indicators on a submarine!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

You could always call back and repeat that convo, but make sure you record the call and not tell them you are doing so ;)

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

The amount involved is 270 something and some odd pence, it was with Wescot then sold to Lowlife, I offered to make an F&F to get them off my case. The original creditor is O2 they wrote to me to say quote "We have terminated your agreement" that was more than 18 months ago. Is it possible the contract is dodgy hence no action except threatograms?

So in essence it's pocket money, to them!

Write to o2 and set up a payment plan with them, tell them that you will ONLY pay them.

When did you take out the agreement?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The contract started in 2009 and then I upgraded in 2011, soon after that I ended up on the dole, the contract went pear shaped.

I have a letter from O2 dated10/01/13 in which they say the account was closed on 13/04/12, it then says on 21/12/12 we transferred your account to Lowell financial a debt purchasing company. Between April and October/November 2012 the account was with Wetcloths.

Before paying anything to Lowell's, as advised by Renegadeimp in post #2, you need everything in writing and that your credit file will be updated and marked accordingly.

Might also ask for the default to be removed as well, you never know so ask but get everything in writing.

Stay off of the phone as now you know, all they do is lie to get as much money as possible from you, do not give them any card or bank details, ask for their banking details and either pay in or transfer with your reference number.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Might also ask for the default to be removed as well, you never know so ask but get everything in writing.

Good idea. As part of the F&F, request that ALL negative data and markers be removed from your file, or at the very least you want the entry to be marked FULLY SETTLED and not partially settled. If they dont agree, then drop the F&F lower.

As Lowlife continue to refuse to send a letter, only a confirmation after I have made payment I have given up on the F&F. Instead Lowell have agreed a one pound per month repayment plan for the next six months. I did speak to O2 but as the debt is assigned they were not interested and referred me to Lowlife.

I would like to thank everyone for there advice much appreciated :)