the famous verbal contract then sale

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3857 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Quick question guys, does a verbal contract exist?

Reason i ask, in May i was told if i pre order the xbox one now my current Xbox price would remain frozen and stay the same price to trade in when xbox one is coming out.i got out my £20 and pre ordered. Because i knew if i didnt the closer i got to the xbox one coming out the less my 360 would be worth less.

i pop in today to try and arrange bringing my console in to be checked its working ready for Xbox one release, and im told that my "frozen price" offer does not exist anymore. I stated that the reason i preodered was due to this offer. and as it doesnt exist i feel like ive been miss sold a product.

the store basically passed the buck on head office, then tried blaming Christmas temps saying they were confused. i advised i pre ordered in MAY so it wasn't Christmas temps. Then one of the guys advised he has a business degree and that a verbal contract doesn't exist and unless it says it on my receipt theres nothing i can do. Funny thing is before i left they advised me that the trade in price has been frozen for the last 2 weeks.

So what's different about them doing it again now verbally telling me and the same as when i pre ordered months ago!

should of told them to give it me in writing grrr!!

edit: trade in price was £60 in may, now £35 today :

emailed CEO over it and just had the stores director contact me via phone, and he said he cant match the price what they said but best he can do is offer me £15 towards the difference. so that's better than nothing i guess. just waiting for the email for confirmation