CCJ - help please!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3864 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm not sure where to post this so firstly apologies if this is in the wrong place.

I have an outstanding loan with Lloyds TSB - currently just over £9k.

I got into financial difficulties a few years ago and could not pay the debt back.

I had to attend my local County Court where judgement was given to the bank.

I agreed to pay the debt off at £150.00 a month and I managed to do that for a while.

Payments are made through SCM Solicitors.

However I have had other financial issues and I have found the payments difficult.

I have just checked and, whereas I should have repaid £1,650 over the last 12 months I have in fact paid them £1,350.

At the end of October I received a General Form from the County Court where they state that:

It is ordered that:

1. Stay lifted
  2. Judgment for the claimant in the sum of £x.

Dated x October.

What does this mean please?

I have also now received a letter from MoneySave Solutions offering their services as a County Court judgement has been made against me last month.

They advise that I run the risk of the issuer obtaining a "Charging Order Against Your Property",

an "Attachment of Earnnings"

or bailiffs could be instructed by the courts to seize my property to the value of the judgement plus their costs.

Now I don't want to go anywhere near MoneySave Solutions, of course.

However I am not in the position where I can repay this debt in full at the moment.

My financial situation has improved to the point where I could now maintain payments at the previous level of £150 per month

and also pay the £300 arrears (the £300 at a pinch, it must be said).

I'm very worried about this.

Should I speak to SCM and see if they are able to accept my offer to recommence these payments or has that door now closed.

All advice gratefully accepted.

Hi Sam

Basically it means you defaulted on the Tomlin/Consent Order...they have therefore lifted the stay and requested judgment...you now have a CCJ on your file.

Disregard the ambulance chasers there is little they can offer except to lessen the load in your wallet...I would try to resume payments...dont worry about the arrears and dont worry if its not to the same level as previous ......pay what you can comfortably afford.

The damage is done now so there's no points in trying to rectify the matter.

Thread moved to Financial Legal Issues.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread