Wish We Could Choose Our Water Supplier!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3856 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am fed up with the inequity of water suppliers....

I have just received my latest water bill through from Affinity Water and find that my actual usage and sewerage charge makes up just £10.19 of a bill for £53.25!! I am more than £10 in credit on the account but can't pay any less per month as, apparently, I'm on the lowest direct debit amount they can take!! I am surprised that, for a change, they aren't trying to increase my monthly DD amount which they usually do - perhaps they're learning that I am not going to suddenly start using loads more water after 8+ years in this flat and an annual average consumption of 12 cubit metres of water!!!

Why can't the standing charges be calculated as a percentage of usage rather Han an arbitrary amount? Thank goodness the water regulator has refused to allow Thames Water to add extra charges to bill for the London Super Sewer as I'm already paying them £56 a year standing charge for sewerage as, apparently, that's a service provided by Thames Water rather than Affinity Water!!

Feebee_71

I agree as Severn Trent charge us for using 48 cubic metres which cost us £74 and then charge us again to dispose of the same amount of water as waste which costs another £45.

The problem is that a lot of this water never went back into the waste water system as it was used to water the garden and never entered the waste water system! Our standing charge is £27 per annum for new water and £13 for used water. Does any one know the breakdown of the water standing charges?

I think the £10.19 charge worked out at £5.97 for fresh water and then £4.22 for waste water, £28 for sewerage standing charges to Thames Water and the rest (£15.06) for standing charges to Affinity Water So, o ly 10% or thereabouts of my bill is actually for fresh water received!!!

Fionar71

I use very little water as i am not in my flat often, so i had water meter fitted? my bill £74,85??? i have used£4.55 in water and the rest is "standing charges"

I contacted Thames Water," not us guv" Ofwat sets standing charges, contact Ofwat" not us guv" we dont deal with the public only the water companies, contact the Consumer Council for Water, yes we deal with the general public, but Ofwat deal with standing charges, however there is good news, there are 2 water companies that have low user discounts, the bad news is you cannot change your water supplier?

Business users can soon change water suppliers it seems but the rest of us can still be fleeced by the water companies, why did i vote tory?????

I use very little water as i am not in my flat often, so i had water meter fitted? my bill £74,85??? i have used£4.55 in water and the rest is "standing charges"

I contacted Thames Water," not us guv" Ofwat sets standing charges, contact Ofwat" not us guv" we dont deal with the public only the water companies, contact the Consumer Council for Water, yes we deal with the general public, but Ofwat deal with standing charges, however there is good news, there are 2 water companies that have low user discounts, the bad news is you cannot change your water supplier?

Business users can soon change water suppliers it seems but the rest of us can still be fleeced by the water companies, why did i vote tory?????

Hmm Wasn't it the Tories that opened up the electric and gas markets giving it more choice and "competition"?