Enhanced CRB check. no proof of address

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3769 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I applied for a post as a cook in a nursery 0nly 10 hours a week.

Its not in my home town and I gave my boyfriends address as it is literally round the corner.

I spend most of my time at his house anyway but pay my council tax and bills at my flat where my grown up son lives.

Well now I have to have an enhanced CRB check and they want proof of address.I have nothing in my name at my boyfriends place ,everything is at my flat address.

I have a passport (although its in my former name,

I have an adoption certificate and loads of utility bills etc for my main residence but nothing with the address that I applied for the job with..

The job offer was on the proviso that I could provide all the necessary documents.

What am ii to do, any advise would be greatly appreciated

you'll have to tell them you don't live where you said you did - I can't see any way round that

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

If you're living in two places at the moment, you need to declare both addresses. The address you provide in the 'current address' section is the address you have to provide proof of and it is where your DBS certificate will be sent (the CRB is now known as the DBS).

You can ask your bank to change your postal address to your boyfriends house, this is probably the easiest solution and you can change the postal address back afterwards.

If you absolutely can't provide one document giving proof of your address, it's not the end of the world: your application will be submitted to the DBS without a verified identity, then your local police will contact you and arrange a date for you to come in for fingerprinting. You should be aware that this will take weeks and applicants who have gone through the fingerprinting process are not able to sign up to the DBS Update service.

• 3 months later...

Breach of human rights Will the individual commentator coming yo the police station.or forced too? Crb are a money Ratchet and fir the purpose of nothing else

I'd like to see the all government officials to provide the public their criminal record they use Ian Huntley as an excuse and accuse the rest the same I dint like my character deformated.

Edited by honeybee13
Pejorative terms.

Breach of human rights Will the individual commentator coming yo the police station.or forced too? Crb are a money Ratchet and fir the purpose of nothing else

I'd like to see the all government officials to provide the public their criminal record they use Ian Huntley as an excuse and accuse the rest the same I dint like my character deformated.

It is easy to spout "human rights!". However, which article of ECHR or the HRA are you saying has been breached, and how has it been breached?.

How has your 'character been "deformated"'?

I'm always keen to discuss substance above syntax, but your post comes across as more of a rant than a reasoned argument ......(when taken with the lack of supporting details, lack of correct punctuation / grammar, and incorrect words like "deformated") : do you mean "defamed "? Or has all your formatting been removed?

Edited by honeybee13