Scottish Power CEO

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3874 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Briefly:

I have a weekly payment card for Scottish Power, and

due to some error, two payments last Nov were made but didnt get transferred, so its now 'lost in the system',

I thought they had gone through, but on checking they hadnt.

First I knew about it was a letter from SP saying that the weekly payments was terminated and pay the lot,

I put my side to them that as far as I was concerned ( as I thought) payments were made

Eventually, they produced a statement ok Fair enough

I am trying to get them to advise an additional amount to cover the arrears and have been making regular weekly payments since I founfd this out,

Now they have passed this to P2C who are threatening a home visit and payment in full, which, due to short term working is not possible.

What is my best course of action, I have a disabled person in the house and have told SP I will pay the weekly amount plus an additional amount

How can I get P2C out of the loop, the phone calls and texts have just started !

Also, before I was aware of this situation,

I had 17 calls to my mobile from a SP collection agency in 2.5 days !

I am in process of making a formal complaint about this harassment

Any advise much appreciated

Send both of these letters to Power2Contact. Send recorded delivery and keep copies of the letters and receipts:

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully,

[NAME HERE]

AND

Dear Sir/Madam

Account Ref xxxx

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing.

Should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Yours faithfully

They have NO RIGHTS to attend your property. Keep a copy of the above letter by your door. IF they do turn up, give them the letter and call the police. They will soon scarper.

I think you need to put your offer of payment in writing to them as well. They have refused over the phone, but may respond differently to a letter.......someone else will be along to advise on the best course of action for this.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I have heard nowt from P2C since they received the two letters,

but I am clocking 4-7 calls to my mobile each day from a "private number" which is Scot Power,

I am not minded to speak to them, particularly as the call is usually silent if I do pick it up.

I have written a formal complaint to their director of Customer Services about P2C

and their (SP) calls and rather childishly, I know,

I have emailed customer services with the telephone harassment and Data protection letter making observations that silent calls got a bank in the cack a while back and to ceaseand desist.

I then sent them this mail 100 times,

anyone know a method to send a permanent loop to them?

Two can play at the harassment game !:-D

I then sent them this mail 100 times,

anyone know a method to send a permanent loop to them?

Two can play at the harassment game !

It's not worth the effort because they'll have mailwashers & spam filter software in place.

power2contact actually turned up on my doorstep despite me sending letter telling them not too

very politely told the guy to go away, no swearing etc.. he went away and didnt return

one nil?

next had a letter from them saying account returned to originator

real strange....

but dont worry bout them calling they are not baillifs hold no power, and if they dont leave ring the police and tell them you have a prowler at your door

• 1 month later...

hi i just received a letter dated the 28th april from power2cotact saying :

they have instructed one of our contact managers to carry out a pre disconnection visit to your premises within the next few day's

if you don't make payment before or on the day of the visit

we will apply to the local magistrates court for a warrent of entry to your premisies in accordance in accordance to section 2 of the rights of entry

(gas and electricity boards) act of 1954 to disconnect your supply

at this point u will incur considerable charges..

now ive spoke to my manager at work who used to work for scottish power and says they do do this

what do i do as i am willing 2 set up a payment plan 2 cover the 1458 thats owed

as was guna pay 121 per month

pls help asap

huys as i dont want someone turning up on my door as i am work every day :mad:

As much as I loathe to say it get in touch with them & make a repayment offer below what you can afford to pay. It's using reverse psychology, they will badger you to pay more & will think they've got one over you...when in fact it'll be the other way around. ;)

But it's important that you do not set up a direct debit payment, it must be by standing order or payment book otherwise they'll be able to take whatever they like from your account.

• 1 year later...

Just for the laughability of it, after a dispute and eventual sorting with Scottish Power they istructed P2C to have a go

( despite being an unresolved dispute) I soon sent them packing,

but Scottish Poer seem to think they are an honourable, trustworthy and ethical orgainisatin who they can share data with

I have suggested they look on CAG and other consumer web sites to see what they are really like, but I doubt that they will

• 5 weeks later...

More Power to collect Milk Bottles, but the Milkman wouldn't be happy unless they return them to the depot:-).

should be called powerless 2 contact, because they certainly dont hold much power over people

• 4 months later...

I am having a disagreement with Sp about payments, but thats another story.

They have sent me a letter saying that unless the blance is paid within seven days, they will pass this on to a Debt Collection company and add £39 to the bill and shock horror a Doorstep visit !!!

I presume the usual responses to them and any vermin are in order and is there any justification to add this £39?

Many thanks

• 2 years later...

http://www.ceoemail.com

Or just google "CEO email addresses"

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

for history I have merged 6 threads regarding your SP account

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...