HELP default notice from OUSBA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3827 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry, wrong button lol

Yeah so basically I took out credit from OUSBA ( the open university lender ) and got into a bit if bother and missed payments they apparently sent a DN which I have no recollection of receiving. Further to this I then received correspondence from a solicitor requesting payment of full debt , which I paid.

Once I found this default on my credit report I requested the default and termination notices from OUSBA and believe the DN to be invalid. It does not give 14 days from service to redeem nor does it include statement 10a from schedule 2, or an attachment from OFT regarding defaults.

Is there any way I can get this default removed from my credit report?

Thanks.

Baz

• 1 month later...

OUSBA seem to be in a right mess since changing their systems earlier this year. I received an DN months ago, tried to call them to make an arrangment for several months to catch up yet each time I called I was told there was nobody available from "credit managment" to speak to me. I called daily, sometimes twice a day leaving messages but calls were not returned. In the end I finaly spoke to somebody in credit managment who assured me a default would not be applied and accepted the 2 month arrangment. Low and behold they applied the default regardless and wrecked my credit history.

Ousba accepted they were in the wrong but it did take a while to get it removed. My advice would be to speak to them, explain the situation and ask for it to be removed. For what it is worth, they later admited they were extremely understaffed and had a huge amount of problems with their new system.

I should also add, they have a habit of saying they have sent letters when they have not. Its all computer generated so it may be possible that the DN was never printed let alone sent.

Thanks for the reply,

They just keep replying saying that they are satisfied that the default is valid. Even though I never received the notice. I have had a last attemp by writing to the directors asking then to remove the default.

Hopefully that play ball.

Thread moved to Debt Collection Industry

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread