Poor replacement and lack of customer care...small claims seems only option

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Did try to private message but unable to, so starting new thread as Vodafone and forums are unhelpful...should have stuck with Orange!

My new Lumia 925 never recorded sound on movies. Did not realise till last month when decided to share and playback so upset missed out on some good videos...anyway due to less than 6 months called Vodafone and arranged a repair.

week 1: Original 925 sent off, checked repair status which said fixed with software update and was being sent back.

week 2: original phone received, tried to record...no audio so not fixed, back again.

week 3: replacement sent out as could not be fixed. The replacement was in bad condition, the sim holder looked damaged and the back was not on properly and could be pulled back.

As much as I was disappointed to hear all replacements are refurbished and new ones are not given, told to send back.

now I thought I had rights, original phone clearly had a fault from day one and when I picked it up from Vodafone store. Been told can replace with new during first two weeks but never noticed. So as much as I wanted a new and working phone, which as far as I consider to be part of the £34 I pay each month,was supplied with a previously used phone with a fault...otherwise why would it be refurbished?

So week 4, just received another replacement and again poor condition. So already 4 weeks without using a phone and looking to progress to small claims as seems only way I can get a decent working phone plus some money back whilst not being able to use it due to Vodafone and their repair team.

So small claims, should I use main Vodafone details or the store I picked it up from? Oh, and the original phone was a web order, picked up from Norwich store as was going shopping as daughters birthday. Repairs are posted in as I live an hour from local store and not possible.

Kind regards,

Ben

Before you even consider small claims, you need to exhaust their complaints procedure and give head office the chance to rectify the situation.

We also have a vodafone rep on these forums who is normally very good at fixing problems. Perhaps give him a buzz.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi,

I did try to contact the rep as seems my final option before small claims but not allowed private messages? To me another month of filling in forms and a small claims cost is a quicker and the final option which will hopefully give me decent working phone and be a happy, well happier, customer.

So far...I have used their chat, their forums, wrote emails and even sent a letter to their complaints...

I feel I have exhausted myself let alone their procedures!

Hopefully their rep can pick this up? If can and can search their forum for benjamin123 you'll find my post, pictures and more info!

you need to follow this:

We thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves and to assure you all that our presence on CAG is with the very best of intentions.

vodafone UK has recently introduced a dedicated Web Relations Team which is keen to seek out customers who’re having difficulties with their accounts and feel that they have no other place to turn to than CAG and other consumer forums and blogs.

Naturally, it’s not possible for us to help directly with account specific queries on CAG and as such we would encourage those members who feel we can help them to contact us privately at webrelations@vodafone.com quoting ‘WRT135 – CAG Forum’ in the subject line.

When emailing us we would also ask that you either provide us with a link to your post or thread – if you’ve posted in another member’s thread please also provide your CAG username so that we can check what your query is.

****Also you will get an auto reply number. Post the number you get back in YOUR thread ***

Many thanks

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just remember, if Lee can help you, he will. He will certainly do as much as he can in order to get things sorted for you.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Hi,

Email sent...although the second one...first reply, this is after I received the faulty and poor replacement:

From: Vodafone Customer Services care.webmails help.vodafone

Sent: 23 October 2013 17:33

Subject: Re: WRT165 [#4946495]

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your email.

I can see that you had issues with your Nokia Lumia 925 handset and we already advised that as per the process if the handset is not fixed for third time by the repairs team then they might send a replacement handset.

The repair for the third time has been booked and we are waiting for the phone back to the repairs centre. You will get an update from the repairs team in next couple of days about the status.

Regards,

Joseph Gomes

Vodafone Customer Services

I have just received my 4th repair pack...as you can probably tell I am worried I will be sent ANOTHER faulty, or previously used and faulty, device.

This is why I have downloaded a small claims form and have an appointment with the CAB tomorrow. As far as I can tell I will claim for the cost of the phone...to allow me to purchase a new one which should have been part of my contract, and the month or two unable to use the phone and contract whilst phone went backwards and forwards and the poor customer service I received from Vodafone. Like I said this is now week 4 and I feel I have exhausted all options and have no faith in Vodafone resolving this for me as a valued customer.

Any news...feedback?

Sent various emails...no response yet but as in 4th week not expecting any either. Was hoping Lee could shed some light with this as heard he's the best?!? Only takes one person to make a difference...all I want is a working phone...not some previously used, damaged and faulty device...to which I've been sent two of in last two weeks.

Kind regards,

Ben

‎30-10-2013 02:22 PM

Re: Appalling Customer Service and replacement procedure...just me or general Vodafone service???

Options

Hi BenJamin123

I'm sure our engineers will do their best to diagnose what is wrong with the phone are get it back to you in a working order.

You can track your repair onlin here.

Thanks

Sukhi

I am getting very frustrated but feel their poor response helps my small claim...they have not addressed my concern...latest concern: The SECOND faulty replacement is being repaired and will come back in a working order...

So, my Lumia 925...is no longer mine...belonged to someone else. Who knows what they did to it or what happened but ended up in Vodafones repair center (broken/faulty). It was bodged together and then sent to me. They are now looking to repair it for the second time, maybe more who knows?

So Lee, Jen...I feel I have exhausted all options. Never had a new and working Lumia, which should have had from the start. Yet still obliged to pay my contract. Fair enough...before post of my small claims form and fee of £35...anything you can do?

You have to give them time to rectify the problem and exhaust their complaints procedure. IT wont look good on you in SMC if you dont follow the rules

Ben, you need to contact the Vodafone reps as per dx100uk's post # 4.

If you email as per the instructions in that post - then scoot back here with the reference number you will be given.. then either Lee or Jen can take up your issues. Until you provide them with the reference number, they are unable to :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D