Arrears Cleared - Will not cancel eviction of 7.11.13 ** Court withdrew Warrant of Eviction **

EllsBells12
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have fell into arrears on a suspended repossession order. I have been lucky enough to be able to clear the arrears in full, and pay one month in front.

The mortgage company are saying that because of past payment history, they will not cancel eviction date of the 07.11.13.

Are they able to do this? ?

Do I need to go back to the court with an N244 to get eviction date stopped ?

You should go back to the court and inform them all arrears are paid via the N244 and provide evidence, and state that this is a vexatious case now and should be dismissed.

You can also get a 'certificate of satisfaction' for the original case too.

Don't forget to get reclaiming on the charges the company have hit you with.

You can only get a certficate of satisfaction for payment of a CCJ not arrears on a suspended possession order.

You should certainly apply to the court on an N244 to get the eviction stopped. I shouldn't think the judge will be too pleased at the lender wasting court time when there are no arrears. Have you got proof of the payment you made? are they claiming you owe arrears fees?

Who is the lender?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

They have added £1,050.00 arrears fees into the mortgage arrears that I have cleared.

I do have proof from my bank that the amount has been paid to them in full.

It is DB Mortgages

I will be submitting my N244 tomorrow - just stating that I have paid the arrears in full do I need to put anything else ??

Hi, just affix the proof of payment to the N244. and let us know the date of the hearing. Are you OK with filling in the N244 ?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

If they withdraw the eviction notice before the hearing you should claim your £40 N244 fee back from DB mortgages - if the hearing goes ahead ask the judge to award your fee in view of the un-necessary action by the lender, also ask him to state that no legal costs should be added to your account by the lender again because the court hearing was unnecessary and a waste of the court's time.

I really do think the behaviour of mortgage lenders needs to be better monitored.

Financial services is a highly regulated industry but for some reason mortgage companies - presumably because they hold the deeds of your house and hence all the cards - behave like dreadful bullies in cases of hardship.

The Financial Conduct Authority need to examine their bully boy tactics as a matter of urgency. It is no good governments being desperate to help people stay in their homes, when lenders are taking every opportunity to get them out, on any flimsy excuse!

We turned up this morning for the hearing, no one from DB Mortgages attended, the Judge withdrew the warrant of eviction as he had the proof of the payment for us clearing the arrears in full.

A great relief for us. A big thanks to all of the above for your help.

Would anyone be able to advise us on what we do next regarding claiming arrears charges back please ?

Did you actually pay these charges as well as the arrears ? Did you ask the judge for your costs as the hearing was completely unnecessary ?

This is very good news indeed.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

OK, time to get claiming the charges back - affixed is a template letter. Make sure you send by recorded or special delivery and keep a copy for yourself.

By the way, It's very likely that the suspended possession order is still there lurking in the background. This mean should you fall behind again the lender *could* go straight to an eviction warrant again. I just want to make you aware of this important issue to give you a bit of a heads up really.

Congrats on getting this far. Now it's time to get those fees and charges back :)

Congratulations, just make sure the court are fully aware that the arrears amount includes massive charges and that the arrears have been cleared in full.

Go for their charges and make sure you can continue to pay the mortgage - otherwise they will be straight back to court - simply because 'they think they can'.

Thanks again everyone. Just done the charges letter, I'll keep you posted.

The Judge did make us aware that the Suspended Repossession Order would sit on the file for 6 years, and that the lender could ask the court for another eviction date if we were to fall in arrears again.

We are hoping now, that our finances are getting straight, to be able to swop back to a high street lender within the next year or so.

• 2 years later...

Our arrears have now been cleared in full and we are making the regular monthly payments. Do you think the original possession order granted in 2009 still stands or is it now out of date ? Are we able to go back to court to get it removed now ???