Child Fallen Ill

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3881 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

My little lads just caught chicken poxs from nursery,

my misses can get the time off tomorrow

but Friday she has important meetings all day,

my question is if i phoned my HR and told them i wasnt coming in on Friday as my little lads contracted chicken poxs

can they discipline me for having the day off to care for him as nursery wont allow him to attend

No. There should be a clause that allows you to take flexi time, or have a certain amount of time off to care for a sick child. tbh i think you are worrying over nothing. Just give your HR a ring and say you are sorry but you need to stay at home to look after your sick child as there is nobody else available.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The time off for dependents is to arrange emergency care, not to do the caring. Have a read here

https://www.gov.uk/time-off-for-dependants/your-rights

Yes, they could discipline you. If you can a friend or family member who could help would be better - or do you have a childminder / babysitter who you could pay to look after the child at home?

(Assuming your work are not ok with it)

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Youll probably find out that they will be ok with it, unless your job is highly important to the business. For instance, my employer allows me time off to look after ill family members as long as it isnt excessive, but the next step up from my position, they have to arrange it in advance and theres a good chance that they wont be allowed time off depending on the current situation at work.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

As above, whilst the legislation was designed to allow reasonable time off to arrange care, if it's one day and chicken pox it would be a very unreasonable employer to refuse, even if it wasn't a strict breach of the legislation. I wouldn't worry!