halifax fraud team stop my access to my online banking?? closingaccount

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3882 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

i sell on amazon and have been using halifax for years for my amazon payments,

on the 3rd october i opened some new online savings accounts putting 1 pound of my own money in them, which i was going to use on for selling on amazon,

after which my online access was restricted, i only found out about this yesterday, phoned them got through to the fraud team, which for very rude and unprofessional, intimidating almost, basicly i said i opend couple of onlinne saver as i sell on amazon, the guy said i will never need this many accounts,you could be doing pay day loan frauds with theses what ever that meant,

then he bluntly said we are closing your account, go to your nearest branch and take out all your money, thats my only options

there is probably over 2000 pounds in the accounts, i phoned up an complained, and they have opened a case, they basicly put me on holl for an hour after which they hung up, phoned a few times though and eventually got a case opened up, amd threatend the finanical ombudsman etc

after reading this forum and hearing all the stories about halifax it would seem i might be wasting my time complaining??

anyone else any experience with this?? what would be the best way to deal with this??? the halifax account are not my main accounts but i was happy using the online banking??

The have identified that your activity matches that of a fraudster.

I don't know what your selling on Amazon but you may be liable to paying tax. In this case, it would then also be against the terms and conditions of your personal bank accounts to be using them for business purposes.

You're lucky you found out the reason they're closing your accounts.

There probably isn't anything you can do and they won't change their decision.

They are within their right to select which customers they want to do business with.

They don't want to do business with a fraudster or somebody who breaks their terms and conditions (I'm not accusing you).

Banks at no pint have to give reasons for closing accounts... They can withdraw you banking services whenever by sending you a letter "notifying you"

All banks are a PITA however I think youd be better off moving... Coop offer a Cashminder account through their website...

However i would also advise you look at your credit file and make sure there is now no Fraud warning on there.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

You can check your credit files with the 3 main reference agencies.

Equifax

Experian

Call Credit.

I understand there is another one called noodle but that only gives an overview.

I believe there is also something called CIFAS which is an agency that the banks use in respect of Fraud.

If you sign up to one of the main 3 on their 30 day free offer - do please remember to cancel it else you will be charged something like £10-15 per month !1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Opening 'savings' account to supposedly trade in any form is going to raise money laundering suspicions.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: