Reclaiming benefits after accident compensation

morganpink08
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3886 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Im looking for some advice.

My husband had an accident in December 2009. The accident was at work so he claimed industrial injuries disablement benefit. He was also in receipt of DLA and ESA. The claim is coming to a settlement at last however the medical expert has said my husband would of became disabled anyway but the accident accelerated this by 12 months. The DWP has asked for benefits back for the first 12 months only apart from the IIDB which they want back in full upto settlement date. The ESA doesnt need to be paid back at all as he started getting that after the 12 months.

Now this is where my query is. As its income based ESA the amount we got for IIDB was deducted from the ESA automatically basically making us no better off by claiming. Now my question is would we be able to claim back the ESA under payment once the IIDB has been paid back as it doesnt seem right that we have lost out.

many thanks

Just to be clear, is it the case that your husband is expecting to receive a lump sum settlement in relation to the accident, and that's why the DWP is looking to reclaim IIDB paid?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.