Jones v Lloyds TSB Plc **WON**

petej2811
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've sent out a number of letters to LTSB's customer care centre in Birmingham (a contradiction in terms?) asking for my money back and been told where to go. Anyhow, I'm in Wales, the customer care centre is in England.

THis will sound potentially silly but ought I serve a summons on the customer care centre (in England) or on my local branch (in Wales)?

Cheers,

Pete J

your contract is with whatever branch is printed on your stationary (cheque book, paying in book etc) so that's the address you should use for court documents - they will be given the oppertunity to change that address to a more conventiant one if they need to.

• 3 weeks later...

How lawful is it for me to claim money from Lloyds every time I have to do something because they apply an unlawful figure onto my account?

Every time they charge me I get their charges, so I have to take action to recover them, I have to write a letter, go to the post office, mail it... All of this takes time and effort.

If Lloyds are claiming £35 a go from me for doing nothing, how about I charge them a figure each time because I, as an individual, without an automated nasty letter machine, have to physically act every time they steal from me...

Any thoughts?

PJ

Have you send them a copy of your T & C's ?

I wouldn't be too concerned if they are legal or enforceable as that's the way the banks seem to like them!

Actually yes. I exercised my right to change the T & Cs with prior notice and sent them a letter saying I was revoking the clause that allowed them to do it and informing them that each time they did so in breach THEY would be liable for MY intervention.

I said in the letter that they had seven days to notify me of their objection to this change in my T & Cs and they did not. SO frankly....... Bollocks to them.

OOOh this is a fab idea!

I Like it!

Very much!

If/when they charge you and you have to levy your fees PLEASE let us know what response you get...I may try this one out myself x

I'm waiting to get a bit more cash before I get a summons. Can't afford it right now. But I'll itemise everything I claim, including the times I charge them. We'll see how far I get with it.

There is a case where a guy charged his bank for something, a mistake of theirs, and won his fee. I think while their actions are unlawful they force me to do things by their breaches and thus can be held liable for damages.

Actually yes. I exercised my right to change the T & Cs with prior notice and sent them a letter saying I was revoking the clause that allowed them to do it and informing them that each time they did so in breach THEY would be liable for MY intervention.

I said in the letter that they had seven days to notify me of their objection to this change in my T & Cs and they did not. SO frankly....... Bollocks to them.

Good Luck to you!

I think you have established a new contract with them ... so may sure they abide to it by the letter.... if they breach the contract may they pay hot & heavy!

Good Luck to you!

I think you have established a new contract with them ... so may sure they abide to it by the letter.... if they breach the contract may they pay hot & heavy!

If they breach the contract make sure that you only charge them in line with a reasonable pre-estimate of your costs. We want to stay whithin the law;)

• 6 months later...

Folks,

Lloyds filed a defence today on the last day moments before the close of play. How underhand of them. I'm not one to be set back by such nonsense and indeed their tactics have only served to strengthen my resolve and determination.

Claim 6QZ65633 is being transferred to the Conwy and Colwyn County Court over the course of the next few days. I will also shortly receive their defence. I'm sure I'll get a good laugh out of that.

I'll be collating my documents shortly and forming my prosecution case. Something I'll be charging for.

I'm going to contact the local and national media. Lloyds TSB are one of five banks I'm going to take on. It is my intention to offer a feature or tutorial on my progress in taking on five banks one after the other. A sort of 'if I can do it then so can you, and here's how' thing.

I've also been scouring LexisNexis for relevant caselaw and had a LOT of fun with it. I can't see the bank setting foot in a courtroom for this one.

I'll keep the forum updated at each step.

Tally-ho!

Pete

I sent emails today, in relation to the above, to every news agency I could think of.

I invited them to consider the case and to consider that I was going to take on a further four establishments. I informed them that I would be willing to run them through, step by step, how to take action to recover funds and how easy it was when armed when the right information.

I hope one of them has the foresight to see that it would benefit the readership/listenners/viewers to have a guide to doing this in the mainstream media somewhere.

I'll keep you updated with the progress.

Pete

The BBC contacted me this morning.

They are running something along these lines and may be interested in taking on the story.

Jones v Lloyds, then Jones v Abbey National, then Jones v Barclays, then Jones v Barclaycard and finally Jones v Lloyds TSB Credit Card.

I contacted BBC Wales locally, it was, however, the Cardiff office that contacted me.

No htting below the belt? Nonsense! The banks have been hitting me below the belt for years. I relish the chance to hit back!

Hi Pete

I have merged all your threads so that newbies can see how you have reached the stage you are at now. BankFodder forwarded your claim number to me to put in the litigation section, but could you just let me have the amount and the date claimed to be able to do it please.

Thanks and good luck.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 1 month later...

Just to close this one out...

Lloyds settled for the full cost of my claim, plus costs plus a ton on top of that.

They asked for confidentiality, were advised that the cost was £1,000 and refused.

So suing Lloyds does work.

They used a firm of Solicitors called Sechiari, Clark & Mitchell. Very odd bunch.

Pete 1 Banks 0.

I'm now onto Barclays whom I filed against last Thursday.

Pete

Congratulations.

When you say 'ton on top', how do you mean? (if you don't mind me asking!) Did you just add an extra £100 on top of your claim without reason?

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

• 3 weeks later...
Congratulations.

When you say 'ton on top', how do you mean? (if you don't mind me asking!) Did you just add an extra £100 on top of your claim without reason?

I asked them for a hundred pounds for my time and trouble. They agreed.

SUCKERS!!!!

Congratulations - what a pity they did not agree to the further £1,000 consideration vis a vis the gagging clause!

Should I get offered any terms I too will ask for further consideration re gagging, it would be value for money because i love to talk!

Regards

paula

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks