checkmyfile

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

Just checked my Credit Report, which I have rarely done in the last few years, and whilst everything seems ok, I appear to have 50+ "searches", some dating to October 2011, others as recent as last month.

I recognise some of them from when I've opened various savings accounts / balance transfers etc.

Checkmyfile helpfully combines everything from Experian, Equifax and CallCredit, so the 50 odd is between 3 agencies.

I have lots of "enquiry" and "audit" and around 10 "credit search" records.

It's rather vague though, some say "Comparison site", "professional services", "Miscellaneous", "Bank", "Energy Supplier". When you try and find out who it was, it says, "Not Reported".

Does this sound normal? How long does this stuff say on my reports? 2 years seems a long time!

Comparison sites are the problem, any 'financial product' you research through comparison sites will generate a search on CRA files, e.g. insurance inquiries generate ID and Postcode checks, for insurance paid by instalments a 'credit search ' will also be generated.

Using such sites can lead as you have seen to many searches, and if these are credit searches they will have an affect on the 'credit score' and will been seen by potential lenders as possibly 'credit hunger'.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Comparison sites are the problem, any 'financial product' you research through comparison sites will generate a search on CRA files, e.g. insurance inquiries generate ID and Postcode checks, for insurance paid by instalments a 'credit search ' will also be generated.

Using such sites can lead as you have seen to many searches, and if these are credit searches they will have an affect on the 'credit score' and will been seen by potential lenders as possibly 'credit hunger'.

Thanks - how long before these get removed from my file?

Cheers, I will be writing a few letters. 2 years is excessive.

Write to the data controller of each CRA, Checkmyfile and Noddle use 2nd hand data gathered from the main agencies, it is possible that the searches have been removed from Equifax/Experian/Call Credit.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: