Capital One Default - Possible Removal?

optikal101
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3882 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

Back in 2009 I defaulted on my Capital One account. It only had a limit of £100 but back in those days I used to pay it off in full each month. However, my hours were cut and so I started making smaller repayments. However, interest and charges sent the account overlimit and then overlimit fees + charges + interest led to the account falling into default.

A short time later I paid off the debt in full (£192) and thought no more of it.

However, reading this forum I have come to the belief that the default was solely to blame on the inclusion of charges & interest. So I have decided to look into this further.

I posted a SAR to C1 Nottingham on 08/10/13 but checking the tracking number it says that the post is still working through their system. Is this normal? The address was to a PO Box in Nottingham...

I'll update further to this initial enquiry when I have more details, but do you good folks think this has any legs?

Late fee's and interest accrued on them can be reclaimed. Also, NEVER send a SAR to a PO box. Send it tot heir registered office.

If the default was solely placed because of those charges, then yes. You can challenge it. But you need that SAR so you can be sure.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

GO tot he PO and cancel the current £10. However, you can check with Cap1 and see if they have recieved it first.

Then depending on the response you can go from there.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D