Primus Broke the DATA PROTECTION ACT, what to do now?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3852 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi FolksMy Partner has a internet account with PRIMUS, and we had a problem with our bill and wanted to sort it out. As my girlfriend doesn't really know the ins and outs of these things she gave me permission to speak on her behalf via email she sent to the company.

So I rang them from work and spoke to a chap, who was very happy with me saying verbally that i could speak on behalf of my girlfriend and went into great detail of the account.

After a lenghty call the guy said someone would ring me back.....No one ever did SUPRISE SUPRISE!.

So I ring them 2 days later and spoke to a Lady who i must say sounded quite helpful, but she said that I couldnt speak on my partners behalf, as an email was not confirmation for permission.

I told her that i had previously spoken to a chap a feww days before in depth with the account, and she said he shouldnt of done that.My reply was, so does that mean he was in breach of the data protection act? Yes she replied.

I asked for his name but she wouldnt give to me, so i asked for the recording all of all phone call made to and received from PRIMUS. My question is what can i do from here?

If this guy has not gone through the proper protocol surley he is in the wrong.

Sorry for long post people.

Any advice will be most grateful

Edited by citizenB
formatting

I HAVE FOLLOWED ALOT OF ADVICE FROM PEOPLE ON THIS SITE, AND IT MADE ME REALISE MY RIGHT AND WHAT I WAS DOING WRONG.......NOW I'M DOING IT RIGHT

As far as I'm aware the DPA does not require consent to be in writing. I can understand why they would have an internal compliance policy that the consent must be in writing, but I guess this would only be an internal policy not a legal requirement.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Thats what i thought first off, but im still going to have all the recorded conversations posted to me, just incase i have more dealings with them

I HAVE FOLLOWED ALOT OF ADVICE FROM PEOPLE ON THIS SITE, AND IT MADE ME REALISE MY RIGHT AND WHAT I WAS DOING WRONG.......NOW I'M DOING IT RIGHT

• 4 weeks later...

Just a update, I have still been having problems with primus, But 2 weeks ago they have agreed that i can speak on my partners behalf. Thank god. but still waiting for the calls that i have requested to be sent to me. I only want these because of any future dealings with them i can then go back and check all of my records against them