Hamptons legal threat-o-gram on old Orange account **dropped it**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3873 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi people

I have keep getting letters of this company Hampton's Legal on a debt that i don't believe i owe to Orange

as I'm sure i payed but can't prove it,

the latest letter states that they will go for a CCJ (not too bothered about)

but if they cant get the money owing they said that they will do attachment to earnings.

The bill owing is on £71.26.

Also they say that they have seen what i earn and see that i can afford to pay it,

how the hell have they done this legally?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

I HAVE FOLLOWED ALOT OF ADVICE FROM PEOPLE ON THIS SITE, AND IT MADE ME REALISE MY RIGHT AND WHAT I WAS DOING WRONG.......NOW I'M DOING IT RIGHT

sounds like a phishing letter,

what does your CRA file say about this debt?

see below

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I cant see anything on there, should i reply back to them, i think it started off with the lovely MOORCROFT Group but as they are as much good as a chocolate kettle they seemed to passed it on to these mugs

I HAVE FOLLOWED ALOT OF ADVICE FROM PEOPLE ON THIS SITE, AND IT MADE ME REALISE MY RIGHT AND WHAT I WAS DOING WRONG.......NOW I'M DOING IT RIGHT

How did you use to pay the account ? Are you able to look at bank statements around the time this debt is supposed to have occurred.

I think all you can do is to ask them to provide evidence that you do have a liability by way of statements, etc.

I suspect that their letter contains a lot of misleading statements. I find it very difficult to believe that they would have access to your income details.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Also they say that they have seen what i earn and see that i can afford to pay it,

how the hell have they done this legally?

Personally I would think that is a piece of lowlife bluff designed to scare people into coughing up.

Send a 'prove it' letter to Hamptons but address it to:

Ms Sarah de Tute

Director of Legal & Compliance

The Lowell Group

Enterprise House

1 Apex View

Leeds

LS11 9BH

Ms de Tute has overall responsibility for the conduct of all the parts of the Lowell Group.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I have sent them a letter basically saying that if they cant prove it then i would like the harrasment to stop. And not signed it

I have sent them a letter basically saying that if they cant prove it then i would like the harrasment to stop. And not signed it

No reason not to sign!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I dont need to sign it, its not a contract, so therefore the letter wouldnt need my signature

I dont need to sign it, its not a contract, so therefore the letter wouldnt need my signature

Many companies will ignore unsigned letters quite rightly in my opinion.

Why would they feel the need to ignore the letter, i have replied to them like they wanted me to, i just dont want my signature on there as i dont need to, the letter has my name at the bottom to say who the letter if from and also has my address and reference number at the top.This must be shear ignorance if they choose to ignore my letter on the grounds of no signature

Normal business practice to sign a letter, even if it's a digital/electronic one.

I do see your point BRIGADIER, i really do, lots of people on here and other sites have been very succsessful with debt they dont owe by not including a signature. If they dont responed i will let you know with an apology and i will also state that I should listened to your advice.Thankyou for your advice and i will be in touch soon to let you know what was said

Hi Sash, In all the years I've been dealing with such problems I have never seen any problem with signing documents and as far as I am aware no instance of 'signature lifting' have ever been proved.

I certainly put unsigned letters at the bottom of the pile and I know many companies to the same, it is and indication of ones sincerity and faith regarding the content of a letter.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorted now they have sent me a letter back saying that they have now closed the account, maybe because they cant prove i owe it. oh well 1 down more to come i'm sure

and another fleecer bites the dust!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and another fleecer bites the dust!

dx

Hold on i havn't fleeced anyone, i dont and didnt owe this money

I meant them not you silly!

dx

and they

hey no worries...:lol:

and they

This is good news.

Digitally signing a letter should be sufficient, unless it is a legal document.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D