Bailiff refused payment saying tow truck was on way

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My son received a parking ticket, which I presume he didnt pay. He has moved house a lot and the notice must have gone to a previous address - didnt notify the dvla until last week when it was changed. Bailiffs called this morning.

Demanded 300 plus there and then. Bailiff returns 30 minutes later and demands 691 pds as truck is on its way. Mu son offered the 300 there and then but the bailiff refused. Is this legal.

thanks

Hi has your son sent in an out of time defence with the council yet? Since he moved he did not get the paperwork, but must also update the DVLA with regards to his license, as this too is an offence. The out of time appeal would state he had moved and did not receive any paperwork for the PCN, If this has already gone to court, he has other avenues to go down.

Please speak to your son and post up as much detail as he can but they must be in a PDF format so it will be easier for us to read, do this then come back to your threat with an update please.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

I am sorry but your question is far too short to adequately advise.

For instance, has you son paid the amount demanded or merely offered payment?

Does your son have a car and was it at your property today?

The CORRECT procedure is for your son to file a simple Out of Time witness statement. This is the legal route in cases where the debtor had not received the Notice to Owner/parking ticket. Such an application is submitted by email and all enforcement will then cease later this afternoon. There is no fee to pay.

PS: All bailiff companies KNOW that they cannot enforce a PCN at a different address to that on the warrant UNLESS the local authority have requested reissue etc. Complicated subject to address in a quick response.