Risking 'trace' consequences by checking credit report??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3883 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Learned Contributors,

Firstly can I say what a fantastic forum I've found this to be after much trawling the net - the comments, advice and contributions of all concerned, priceless. I am new to the arena so please excuse my naiveity concerning my post (have tried to read up on related posts).

I was hoping to carry out some form of credit reporting as to previous record of debts, last contact/payments being made in ~ 2002 however still being pursued until this year!! The various demands have finally petered down of late.

My question is will I now again risk being chased by DCA's by even attempting to view my current file, what with the trace tools that CRA have in place, even after all these years (afraid to even enlist on the electoral register -however now have to in order qualify with estate agent). Alternatively, how can I even begin to address the situation without fear of further demanding letters and if so where might be a good place to start. Any advice would be sincerely welcome.

Hi welcome to CAG feel free to check your credit reference files, this does not alert anyone to your doing so.

If DCAs/Creditors wanted to find you they can easily do so anyway.

From what you say these accounts will not be showing now and the debts will be statute barred!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

As brig say it's when you change address or add a new account that will be spotted as that they will take it that you may have more money and it may be that they can chase you again.

dpick

Thanks for the speedy response all, appreciate.

Forgive me for my lack of knowledge, however, I was under the impression that by making a credit report inquiry (providing current/previous addresses during the last 6 years) would automatically alert DCA's to my whereabouts via any trace markers that maybe in place with CRA's???

Also my concern is that even where an existing debt maybe Statute barred, I may still risk persecution by DCA's despite the time of

~10 years now having lapsed since any form of contact (in light of still receiving demands for payment even until this year). :{

The only time a DCA or Creditor will see the report is if they are actively searching the CRA records.

If a debts is SB for that length of time the it is not on credit files.

]

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: