Claim Form received- AK on MBNA debt - Advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3638 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Its suppose to be a Witness Statement not a defence.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It says on the Notice of Allocation, "Each party shall deliver to every other party and to the court office, copies of all documents (including any experts' report) on which he intends to rely at the hearing no later than 28 days before the hearing". So I don't need all this then? or should I just alter it as a witness statement? Do I need to submit an amended defence?

IRM

It does not read like a Witness Statement...that's my point it reads like a defence.You dont need to submit an amended defence....unless the court orders you to.

Within the Notice of Allocation does it request you prepare a Witness Statement ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Okay well I would still prepare a WS irrespective as it sounds as though you wish to expand in detail to your initial defence.

Take a look around at examples of WS form/ content / and inclusions.

Regards

Andy

If its pre 28 then yes... I would if your initial defence fails to plead in detail. Remeber with WS,s do not include case law..refer to them and attach ....try not to use legalese ...your own words.

Header Claimant v Defendant case number xxxxxxx court xxxxxxx and finish with a statement of truth and date it.

I have sent in my witness statement. Do you think I should apply to submit an amended Defence, as obviiously now my original Defence does not cover the documents that are now the important issue?

IRM

But your Witness Statement does (hopefully)...to amend a defence you need the permission of the court and the claimant and the fee for the application is £155.00.

Andy

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd let you know what happened at the hearing:

- The Judge was totally and utterly bias, and offered no help whatsoever.

The claimants sent a barrister who spoke to me before the hearing and obviously thought I had a case, and was hedging her bets.

However the Judge obviously had made his mind up before hand.

A hearing listed for 2 Hours lasted all of 10 minutes,

I don't think he had even read my witness statement,

his take was,

I hear these cases every day,

you had the money,

they have produced the agreement, thats it!

I said,"yes but the agreement is illegible, and does not contain the prescribed terms"

he just said, "I have made my decision" and find in favour of the Claimant.

I could tell their barrister was embarrassed at the Judges bias,

and he then proceeded to increase the costs that she applied for,

even though she had asked for less, and added costs that she hadn't even asked for.

He reminded me of Roland Freisler!

It was a complete farce to be honest,

and just confirms my thoughts that there is no justice for the poor average person.

It seems that to obtain any kind of justice these days costs a lot of money.

I would love to appeal his decision but I imagine the cost would again be prohibitive.

Thank you for all your help,

keep up the good work.

Ironroadman

Sorry to hear this IRM a case of the DJ lottery.

He obviously wanted it in and out and dealt with....probably had a bridge game to get to.Never heard of a Judge increasing the claimants costs..on what grounds?

Regards

Andy

If the judge has made an error of law, or has blatantly ignored important evidence, that is a solid ground for appeal, but you really would need to order a transcript of the case. Mind you, given the brevity, that won’t cost much...

Gotta keep fighting! The court system is a money making [problem] my friend. I helped someone else out a loooooong time ago with an illegible agreement. It can be won but you need to dig in.