different pay awards

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3897 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi hope this in the correct thread

worked for same employer for 15 years this year we have received different pay awards. we all have the same grade roles and responsibility's in our contract of employment. nowhere does it mention that as a company annual pay awards can be affected by for example attendance/performance/ability do you think/know that this is discriminatory or just morally wrong

Impossible to say whether it is discriminatory or not - you won't know that unless you can get some insight as to exactly WHO has received more or less than others, and whether there is a common theme to those who have received less - for example if all female members of staff have received less of an award than males.

There is nothing unlawful about awarding different pay to certain staff, unless the difference is proven to be due to a discriminatory reason - age, race, sex, religion, sexual orientation, disability etc

Personally I would say that differences which reflect attendance/performance or ability are entirely justified and an appropriate means of rewarding staff.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

I used to work for a National Company and use the same (called Role Clarity) although if you had TUPE's across you were on previous terms and conditions (that is if you were on collective bargaining then you stayed with collective barganing), if you were on a personal contract then they could do what they wish.

I would suggest that you read your Contract Of Employment to ascertain your employment status and then seek help from your Union Representative

In my experience, most bonus schemes are discretionary and the terms are not clearly set out in the contract of employment. There may be a separate document setting out the terms of the scheme which would be worth looking at, but I imagine it will all ultimately be in the employer's discretion.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS