Old Employer still paying me, messing up my finances.

Jamesbiff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3914 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Long story short, my old employer is still paying me and has been for 3-4 months now. Due to them messing my pay up initially when i first started, the first two pay checks i received (as they were irregular amounts) i believed to be that money being re compensated, and as a result i closed my student overdraft being glad to be rid of it, though i didnt have much choice as the id had it for a year longer than i should have and the bank pretty much insisted i cant have it any more. However, i have since received more pay and now believe that those two initial pay slips were also in error.

Meaning were they to try and get it back, id have to pay them over 2k (i have the other 2k) and incur a whole **** load of bank fees to do it, i dont even think the bank would let me have my overdraft back or any kind of loan to do it. I have tried contacting them but they are an absolutely huge multi nat corporation and i just keep getting passed from department to department on premium rate phone numbers.

Where do i stand? their pay day drops again this week, im thinking of setting up a different account to put it in there, the bank said there is no way to block the payment so i just have to hold onto it, but all the while various bills are eating into the money i cant afford to pay back. It looks like im up **** creak without a paddle for something that was out of my control.