style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3918 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My neighbor is a community nurse, she is been threatened by bailiffs. They said they are going to take her car which she is using for work as a community nurse because of an old council tax arrears. Are they allow to take her car? The car is on finance too.

The car is on finance too.

no cant touch it tell her to send a copy of the finance agreement to the council and ask them to remove her car from the levy and associated fees from her account

It might be prudent to send an e-mail to both the council and bailiff firm that she is putting them on notice that her car is vital for her employment as a community nurse is on finance therefore cant be levied /remove and a copy of the finance agreement has been sent to the council by recorded delivery letter (attach a copy to the e-mail if she can)

If car is on finance and she can prove it, then the muppet would be very very stupid to even consider placing a levy on it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hello there,

What type of car finance is it? If it's hire-purchase they should not be able to take the car. If it's a loan then the money borrowed wouldn't be secured on the car. Without the car would it be impossible for her to undertake her work?

Follow Hallowitch's advice, you won't go far wrong.

Best wishes,

Seq.