Wescot/Arrow Global/Bryan Carter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, would love some advice please

I've been paying a debt for years to Bryan Carter, it was over £1000 but had long since disappeared from my credit file and I've been slowly improving my credit score by paying my bills etc on time now that ive been in stable employment to the last 3 or 4 years.....

....my question is......A few months back I called Carters to see what the balance was and was told the Arrow Global have taken the debt back and have assigned it to Wescott. Carters told me not to pay them anyone and wait for a letter from Wescott to sort out paying the remainder to them. A letter came today from Wescott saying the balance was £118.29. As it was such a small amount ive paid the debt through the Wescott website to get it paid off and off my back.

As this debt has long since been removed from my credit file will it now reappear now ive paid in full? Obviously I should of got some advice first but i just wanted to be finished with debt collectors. Now im worried that ive ruined my credit file as the debt might reappear. The original default date was 2004.

Thanks in advance :)