Regular payment withdrawn

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone can help please

Situation is: I have been in FT employment for 5 years. For the last 2 have been receiving a regular fixed amount payment on top of my salary in lieu of a car (I have written evidence)

Employer is now threatening to stop paying this without explanation or reason.

Where do I stand on this?

What is in your contract?

Do you actually do business mileage and if so how does that work?

ETA: written evidence of what?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Thanks for your response Emmzzi

My contract was drawn up long before I started to receive this payment. And I don't do any business mileage, the payment is for cash alternative in lieu of company car

Ok. So if it isn't in your contract and you don't do mileage

a) why are you getting it and

b) tell us more of this evidence

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Thanks

a) I receive this as a cash alternative to a company car as part of my salary package. I don't have a need for a company car, it's just additional benefit offered as part of the pay grade I am on

b) I have an email from Senior Management detailing how the amount is calculated (based on a scale A-F) and that it will be paid monthly

Thanks

the cars are probably on 3 years hire contracts so no point in withdrawing them immediatley if times are hard... I'd check with the boss

so you are going to argue custome and practice? I'd say not. And if all you have is something saying "we make the discretionary payments like this", they are still discretionary.

This is where union membership comes in handy, of course. As they could ask the pointy questions to see what is really going on.