Sky

miraa0
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I telephoned Sky television and broadband Customer Services department on 03/07/13 in order to book a home move that initiated a whole customer experience that does SKY as an organisation no credit.

Engineers failed to install my home broadband and TV on the 09/08/13 leaving me with no solutions and no services that day. That was unacceptable, specifically when a customer needs to ask for a day off to wait for SKY engineers who after littering your house and using your toilet then leave you with no services connected. Notwithstanding, it is the sunk cost I needed to swallowed worth £XXX for my daily wages that I could have earned if I was working that day.

I telephoned SKY customer Services to air my frustration and find out what happened. Sky customer services left me waiting for 30 min and when they have answered, they left me with no solution or compensation for the time wasted and loss of service. Patricia (Sky representative) promised to call me so I saved money on my mobile phone bill. She never called. I never used bad language or aggressive tone.

After multiple calls to Sky, I managed to speak with another representative called Zoe, who helped a bit more but escalated the issue to one of the supervisor called Kelly who authorised some compensation. She re-assured me that the TV connection was scheduled for the 14/08/13 so my TV will be connected that day. On this basis, I agreed with what was offered and the connection day.

I also said that if on the 14/08/13, the sky engineer did not manage to connect the services; I will be looking to further compensation due to the time waste, inconvenience and financial loss I incurred.

On the 14/08/13, the sky engineer did not show up. Again, I was left with no services connected, no explanations on why sky decided to play with my time at no cost. My sunk cost now has increased to £500 for another day out of the office waiting for a Sky engineer that has not turned up. I telephoned Sky multiple times again, and the explanation I got from a manager called Ashley xxx (Sky Manager fixed and Land escalation) that she will give me £10 credit for the inconvenience. She also mentioned that she listened to all the previous calls I have made to understand the case but she missed the most important one with Kelly, because the call was not recorded. This is simply an excuse or a clear misrepresentation from Sky processes. If Sky does not record all the calls there is no way to track and validate when a Sky representatives entered a verbal contract with customers.

Kelly promised to me, on behalf of SKY, that if I have no connections on the 14/08/13 she will be looking to obtain further compensations such as upgrading my TV package, etc. This contradicts what Ashley believes the standard process is.

Ashley refused to pay anything but £10 as she said this is a standard procedure. I am off the view that this is not a standard case as Sky has failed twice to connect the services and also misled me with contradictory statements from their customer representatives, and no accountability from their part to serve their agreements and verbal contracts.

I have been left with a definitive feeling that Sky is ill equipped to treat customers fairly. I also believe that SKY is not capable of dealing with volumes of calls from customers (which isnt new as I have experienced the same delinquency of response in all my time as a subscriber), and that the Sky customer service staff I spoke to were of very low competence levels which was demonstrated in their inability to deal with my enquiry or answer my concerns satisfactorily.

Also, the process which took me from my first point of contact to the user dealing with my enquiry was flawed, time consuming and utterly without point.

Sky take advantages of customers who once are tie to a contract have no way to react to such discrimination, poor service and unfairness. It just leaves a bad feeling that a large corporate organisation really had no empathy or consideration for its customers. I have been a subscriber to Sky TV since 2012 and have enjoyed the output of programming and the flexible pricing structures you offer however, I believe it is only fair to you to point out the severe failings of your Customer Services people, process and supporting infrastructure. I would very much like these questions answered directly to me.

On 14.08.13 Ashley promised me, many times that she will cancel my account, something that it was not allowed before, and she will send me an email to confirm cancellation. To date, I have not received such email, so I hope the account is cancelled. This lack of commitment to customers and professionalism from up the chain (managers) down to customer services reps, it is very clear in this case.

I have forwarded this email onto various consumer and media organisations, as I will not tolerate any organisation that I am a customer with dealing with me in such an unprofessional, uncaring manner.

Just avoid SKY if you dont want to be in trouble

Hi Mira I have moved your post to a thread of its own

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

It looks as tho this post is an email to sky?

Have you got a response?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)