Simplified gas and electricity tariffs to begin by 2014

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Regulator Ofgem promises the biggest shakeup of the energy retail market since competition began

All UK households will receive simplified gas and electricity tariffs by the end of the year and must be told the cheapest deal available from their supplier by the spring, industry regulator Ofgem said on Tuesday.

Energy companies must offer no more than four tariffs for each type of fuel in the first stage of a package of reforms, which aim to make the energy market more transparent and simplify pricing.

The reforms, backed by the prime minister, include new standards of conduct – a sign that the regulator is taking more aggressive action against energy companies found to have misled customers.

Ofgem said the new guidelines would force suppliers to go through "a culture change" in the way they treat consumers.

David Cameron pledged last year to force energy companies to offer customers their lowest tariffs – a promise the regulator is now trying to deliver.

Ofgem has described the reforms as the biggest shakeup of the energy retail market since competition began. In the first step, new enforceable standards of conduct require suppliers to ensure that every domestic customer is treated fairly.

New rules forcing suppliers to put details of their cheapest offers – personalised for individual consumers – on all bills will be introduced by the end of March.

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2013/aug/27/simplified-gas-and-electricity-tariffs

• 1 month later...

All I need to know are 3 things:

1. gas price per kWh

2. Electricity price per kWh

3. Standing charges

I think I then know from stuff I learned when I was 6 or 7 which is the best buy. I've emailed all the energy providers who do dual fuel supplies in my area and asked these 3 questions. Guess how many answers I got with these 3 questions. Only OVO replied - to tell me of the NEW, increased prices. The rest of the big companies have clearly paid off anyone capable of supplying this data without 3000 words of waffle