Advice Please Mortgage Natwest

Fireballxlfive
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3912 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can you help or advise please,

I complained last month to Natwest that I had been mis sold a mortgage package,

they have written back saying they don't agree and "I have reviewed our records and I can see that you applied for a mortgage with us in 2006

and discussed your requirements with the PMA, who completed a "Your Mortgage - Our Recommendation to you"

fact find to ensure the right mortgage product was offered to you."

The copy they supplied me as proof is false and somebody has tried to forge our signatures, we have not signed this, what is the consequences for the bank.

thanks in advance for your advice.

Edited by honeybee13

If someone has indeed attempted to copy your signatures on to a document then that would be a serious matter.

I am not sure whether you should be making a complaint to the bank or to the Financial Ombudsman or Financial Conduct Authority ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I'm not sure the forged signature by itself will have many consequences. There may be licensing consequences for the individual who is responsible but I'm not sure you would get much more than that. Perhaps it is better to focus on the mortgage misselling issue.

I think the first thing is to get your evidence together. If you want to say the signature is forged you will need some evidence of this - can you compare it to your signature on the application form, loan agreement and deed of pledge? Or perhaps the signature on your driving license, passport and any other similar documents?

When you have the evidence, you can send a letter to the bank attaching evidence of what your signature looks like. You can then see what they say and escalate to the FOS if needed.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Thanks I am waiting for a call from Natwest Monday,

I will ask them to compare the signatures to the actual mortgage application form which is what we would have signed.

My argument was that we should have been advised to take out standard bank loans for some other commitments we consolidated with the mortgage.

I have said to Natwest we have not signed this,

I am very careful with paperwork but do not have a copy of this recommendation.

I have sample signatures going back years and both signatures have never changed apart from my wife's when we got married.

Do you think I will get any compensation ?

We shall see. Not sure you will get any compensation just for the forged signature. If misselling is proved then yes, possibly.

Why do you think you would have been better off with standard bank loans rather than consolidating them onto the mortgage?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

In hindsight we should have just switched the mortgage from Halifax to Natwest as we were already existing customers personal and business, the credit card and loan agreement should have been switched to a Natwest agreement with loyalty discounts etc as we were not in any difficulty and keeping up payments etc

Spoke to Natwest they are starting an internal investigation, I scanned copies of our passports signed in 2007 and old type driving licences signed in 1999 showing the signatures have not changed over the years, FOS are sending a form to complete should a response from Natwest be unsatisfactory. Thanks again for all the advice.

Edited by Fireballxlfive