Can car be repossed after paying 29 months and 7 months left?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hope I'm posting in the right place?!

I have an agreement with Close Motor Finance. My payment was due yesterday, but I didn't have the money in the bank, so straight away, I got a text from them asking me to contact them immediately. I text them back to say I couldn't today as was at work but would call them today. I said that I would hopefully pay them on Friday but definitely by Monday. They weren't happy with this and I called them today.

The lady said if I'm having difficulty paying, when would I want them to collect the car!!!! :| I've paid 29 months, not missed any payments. I won't miss this one either albeit a few days late. Why would I just want to hand the car back? They don't give you any grace, they're on to you straight away :mad2:

Where do I stand with this though. Can they just take the car? I have every intention of paying, I just can't physically today. I have 3 children who we're struggling to feed this week! I have money going in on Monday definitely, so can pay them then.

Can anyone give me some advice?

Thanks in advance

Hi Splodge19,

No they can not repossess the car not without a court order anyway. As long as you have paid one third or more which you probably have as you only have 7 months left.

Don't talk to them on the phone and certainly don't agree to anything over the phone.

I would tend to just ignore them and pay it when you can. Even if they did go for a court order no judge in their right mind would issue them one as you have never had any missed payments and by the time it actually got to court you would be up to date anyway.

Hope this helps :wink:

Thank you. I paid yesterday fortunately. I was just so astounded by e asking me when I wanted the car collected when I haven't missed any payments the whole term. Could I complain or just wait till I've paid the car off? They shouldn't be able to day things like that so loosly.

Wait until you have made all the payments then pop in a complaint to their head office.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D