Chandlers want to remove car for Council Tax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3918 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There is no law that says you have to deal with or speak to a Bailiff. You can side step him by paying direct to the Council via online banking, Council website or automated phone line. If you do this then make sure you pay the same amount at the same time - £10 every Thursday for example. This quickly builds a payment history and may prevent the Council taking further action.

What about the Bailiff - well he may get upset but so what. Once he realises he is not getting anywhere he will slope off to harrass someone else. He won't disappear overnight but as he is not getting paid then he's not going to waste his time comming either. You will have to budget extra for lawful fees but these can be kept to a minimum.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I still have to set up an affordable repayment agreement with Chandlerslink3.gif which is a legal requirement - although have to say when I had asked this of their bailifflink3.gif, despite being aware of my need to retain the car he was completely unbending and refused the request.

Actually its not a legal requirement that you must pay chandlers (I wonder if they would put that in writing and provide the legislation for this )

If you are going to pay chandlers you MUST get the agreement in writing from them

Your date of payment MUST be made 100% clear you want it in writing what date the payment has to reach their account

Do not agree to a manual payment INSIST on standing order set up the standing order for 7/8 days before the date they expect to receive it

Inform them that you wont be paying a fee to make the payment as legislation doesn't allow for a payment fee to be charged (their agreement with the local authority does not override legislation )

Do not agree to an amount you cant afford their is no point

Every e-mail you send chandlers regarding the payment agreement copy in your council

As others have indicated pay the council not the bailiff, there is no legal compulsion to speak to or deal with Mr greedy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

In the end it is so much easier to pay the Council direct and cut Chandlers out altogether as they will find ways to add on extra fees however many loopholes you block. If the Council try and stop you,

explain that you have no faith that Chandlers will operate legally or truthfully and you will complain to the Local Government Ombudsman should the Council fail to accept your payments.

If the council refuse to accept a tendered payment at the counter they arte acting unlawfully, and one should get thr numpty at the desk to sign to the effect they cannot accept payment as the account is with Chandlers, that is the rope by which they hang themselves, and the required ammunition to form part of a Formal Complaint

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!