style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3938 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I just thought that I would see if I can get some help/advice on a situation thats happening to me at the moment.

My 6 year IVA was completed a few months ago and I'm now just waiting for all of the loose ends to be tied up and certificates issued.

When my IVA was agreed, I was informed that £11k of my debt was interest, which was going to be written off and the capital, I was going to be paying back over the next 6 years. I have paid back the full capital, not once did I miss a payment into my IVA. During the last couple of years I was told by my IVA company to persue mis sold PPI claims through a company they had instructed because any money they can re-claim from this cam pay towards the debt that was written off.

Since I did this, I have recieved £7k in PPI claims and there was a creditor who never made a claim for my debt within the 6 years of my IVA, of which their debt was £7k. I have been told that all of this extra money will go into the pot that was written off, but to my calculations, this totals £14k and so I've now overpaid by £3k??

There are still x2 PPI claims being dealt with before my IVA can be completed and I cant get anyone at my IVA company to explain to me who is entitled to these extra payments, now my IVA is finished and more than paid up!

Please can anyone help me, these are large amounts of money and I cant help but feel that Im now being taken advantage of!

Has anyone ever been in this situation and what did they do?

Its Debt Free Direct.

Its just difficult to get any answers from them, they are good at fobbing me off when I try to ask if I'm entitled to any money back!

Are you communicating in writing?

Do ask for their complaints procedure and at the same time ask who their licensing authority are.

Here's some further info:

http://www.bis.gov.uk/insolvency/insolvency-profession/professional%20conduct/how-complain-against-an-ip