Carter no longer collecting Consent order payments - now Wescott phishing letter - help

mau_juaquez
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3703 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well nobody wants a CCJ or a Consent Order but such is life and the Consent meant you evaded a judgment that would have wrecked your credit file for 6 years.

You cant assign a Court Order to someone else the same as you can swap a prison sentence to someone else.....you are the defendant.

With regards the name I fail to see how you cant understand that it makes no odds...companies merge ..get taken over..it happens ...but it does not extinguish the debt...if you borrowed 10k from the Abbey National

you would still have to pay Santander the 10K back

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So phones Wetcloths today and paid arrears and set up new agreement. After speaking with them they said any agreement I had with carters is no longer valid including the consent order.

I was wondering where do I actually stand now? They told me this after setting the agreement up. I think I will now end up being hounded for more money from this bunch of cowboys.

In hindsight the cca request should have been sent unless she is feeding me bull. She also said they have no affiliation with Arrow.

Should I just settle with this and if they ask for more dosh send them the consent order?

Morally I think I have done the right thing. She offered a settlement of £7400 versus a debt of £8200 so no benefit there.

This debt no longer shows on my credit file as it has served it's time. Can they put any adverse info on?

Thanks again good people.

So phones Wetcloths today and paid arrears and set up new agreement. After speaking with them they said any agreement I had with carters is no longer valid including the consent order.

The order persists. Keep a record of all payments and the payees details.

I was wondering where do I actually stand now? They told me this after setting the agreement up. I think I will now end up being hounded for more money from this bunch of cowboys.

In hindsight the cca request should have been sent unless she is feeding me bull. She also said they have no affiliation with Arrow.

Should I just settle with this and if they ask for more dosh send them the consent order?

Morally I think I have done the right thing. She offered a settlement of £7400 versus a debt of £8200 so no benefit there.

This debt no longer shows on my credit file as it has served it's time. Can they put any adverse info on?

Thanks again good people.

Stick to the terms of the order and ensure you serve letters on both parties recorded delivery regarding its change of arrangement. Wouldn't be helpful if wetcloths failed to accurately allocate your payment.

Waste of time telephoning BC, AG or wetcloths... There are those that may prove useful to resolve matters by telephone, these would not be included.

Stick to the terms of the order and ensure you serve letters on both parties recorded delivery regarding its change of arrangement. Wouldn't be helpful if wetcloths failed to accurately allocate your payment.

Waste of time telephoning BC, AG or wetcloths... There are those that may prove useful to resolve matters by telephone, these would not be included.

Thanks for this. Should I enclose copies of the order? Also should I send a copy to the court that issued the order?

Thanks for this. Should I enclose copies of the order? Also should I send a copy to the court that issued the order?

Send copies of the order to each, retain copies of your correspondence and proof of service.

I personally wouldn't go to the expense but there's no harm in filing copies with the court.

Send copies of the order to each, retain copies of your correspondence and proof of service.

I personally wouldn't go to the expense but there's no harm in filing copies with the court.

Thanks Mike, and to all that have helped. It's thoroughly appreciated.

• 7 months later...

Dear all,

I dont think this will ever just go smoothly in me paying 1 person the balance till cleared.

A few days ago I received the following letter from Arrow:

http://tinypic.com/r/3305kya/8

I then received the following from Drysdens:

http://tinypic.com/r/2n09fcw/8

If you read back, Wetcloths were the last owner of this and I have been paying £50 per month as per the consent order. The £100 drydens talk about is when Arrow sold it to Wetcloths.

I am very confused here,I have been paying wetcloths since last year, are they trying to deceive me, this looks completely dodgy to me.

I get the feeling they want me to stop paying my DD with Wetcloths so I default the consent order.

I did the honorable thing by paying my debt and not taking it to court, now they try and shaft me!

Any idea on how I should proceed, my next payment to Wetcloth is 20th this month.

Many thanks again

Edited by mau_juaquez
pics too big

Hi

Respond to Drysdens stating that their information is incorrect that you have been paying £ xx to Wetcloths since xxxx and payments are fully up to date with payments as per the consent order dated xxxxxxx .There is no Couty Court Judgment as the claim was stayed and settled by said consent.

Therefore you will be paid the same as Wetcloths as per the same date and agreed terms schedule of the Court Consent.

I would be much obliged if you would provide a Statement of all my payments made to date and copies of Notice of Sums in Arrears that should have been served since the account fell into arrears.

Yours Sincerely

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread