Cabot / Various

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

and number 3....

Cabot DCA for:

2 x Halifax credit cards

2 x Lloyds TSB credit card

1 x Goldfish Bank credit card

1 x Barclaycard credit card

1 x Creation store card

1 x Lloyds TSB loan

The reply to my CCA letter (covering all these together)

"Thank you for your requests for information under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 ("CCA"). Cabot Financial currently does not have this information on file. However, we have requested the relevant information under section 77/78 of the CCA from the original lenders. We anticipate that we will be able to provide this information within 40 days. In the event we are unlikely to obtain this information within those time limits, we will write to you again."

My CCA letter was posted on Thursday 22nd August.

Any advice, next steps would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

TG

40 days? Pfft!

They legally get 12+2 days to get the CCA and furnish you with a copy. After thats its a failiar to comply with request letter off to them.

They have to do this within 12+2 days and they know it.

So if after 12 days and 2 days alowance for them to get it they havent sent u anything back

NO CCA=NO PAY

And send a failiar to comply letter.

Simples

Also when was the last payment or aknowledgement on these debts?

If u havent paid anything or aknowledged in writing any off these with in 6years of its default date its is staure barred and you dont have to make any payments towards these.

To find that out you need to send a SAR at a cost of £10.

This may be irelevent but just thought id ad this too in case it may apply.

OK this 40 day nonsense for CCA request must be nipped in the bud quickly

I suggest the following letter to;

Neil Clyne

CEO

Cabot Financial Europe;

Date:........................:

Ref: use the one on Cabots Letter

FORMAL COMPLAINT:

Dear Mr Clyne,

This is a formal complaint regarding misleading and totally incorrect responses from Cabots 'staff' in regard to lawful requests made under sections 77/78 of The Consumer Credit Act 1974 (as amended) for the production of a true copy of a regulated consumer credit agreement, as you will be aware, or should be the tine scale laid down in the Act for compliance with such a request is 12 + 2 Working Days from the date on the request.

Either because of incompetence or deliberate attempts to pervert the provisions of the Act Cabot is stating that it 'hopes to comply within 40 days' this is of course the time scale for a Subject Access Request.

I am sending copies of Cabot correspondence with formal complaints to the OFT /FCA immediately.

I DO NOT expect this serious complaint to be handed to the department that has been making this error and I require a reponse from you as CEO.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks Brigadier

It shall be posted on Monday morning. Presumably I still need to send failure to comply letter too after the 12+2 days assuming they don't produce anything ?

If after all the letters I hear nothing, what happens - can they still pursue us for the debt ?

Hi Tasha Cabot have dropped them themselves in the crap so yes non compliance letter/account in dispute dead on the 12+2 day limit, no leeway :madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Can i just clarify here... its only a SARs request that takes 40 days... as they must compile all the info and my have to supply this from other sources...

a CCA request is solely asking for the agreement that has been issued by the creditor, etc so them quoting 40 days for a CCA request... Bull****

Brigadier is right...

Edited by fkofilee
Oops, Typing Too Quickly...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis