style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3929 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was recently visited by a bailiff for outstanding Council Tax, I checked the register and the bailiff wasn't on it so I requested the info from Jacobs and also the courts.

Jacobs replied stating the bailiff was granted a certificate on 30th May 2013 but had a reply from the courts today and they said the bailiffs application is pending.

Please can anyone tell me if the bailiff is allowed to visit whilst the application is still pending.

I was recently visited by a bailiff for outstanding Council Tax, I checked the register and the bailiff wasn't on it so I requested the info from Jacobs and also the courts.

Jacobs replied stating the bailiff was granted a certificate on 30th May 2013 but had a reply from the courts today and they said the bailiffs application is pending.

Please can anyone tell me if the bailiff is allowed to visit whilst the application is still pending.

My understanding is that the Bailiff does not have to be Certificated to visit. He can still set arrangements and collect payment by visiting properties. However, he is unable to levy distress without being Certificated.

Clunks:

Absolutely spot on.

The bailiff may request payment and deliver a letter. He cannot of couse charge a fee of £24.50 for "attending to levy" and he is prohibited from "levying upon goods" given that he is not certificated.

If any fees have been charged.....then this is grounds for a Formal Complaint to THE COUNCIL as they are wholly responsible for the flevy and fees & charges of their bailiffs.