Bailiff with locksmiths and police coming to my house

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI, I

was wondering if anyone here would give me advice on how to deal with the bailiff.

I got a fine from the Magistrate Court and I had an arrangement of paying the £318.10 fine in instalments.

I started paying my fine (£20 a month) since December 2012 up until June 2013 when I stopped getting money.

I am a care leaver and I was supported by social services until I turned 21 in June and I am not in full time education

which therefore means that they couldn't support me anymore and I had to apply somewhere else which am still in the process of doing.

I got a letter saying that I had to pay £283 in 14 days or else the bailiff were coming to my house to collect goods that are equivalent to the outstanding amount.

I called them and spoke to at least 3 people trying to explain to them that I had no other ways of paying for my fine since I wasn't getting any money at all and none of that helped.

I even got my social worker to explain it more but that was a waste too.

yesterday they put a letter through my door that said they will be coming to my house with locksmiths and the police and this time the money has gone up to £498.10.

I live with my aunt and she is on benefits herself so she has no money to pay for me and I don't own any goods at all.

When I called the bailiff who put the final notice through my door he said he'll come next week

and he can take anything unless we show a receipt to prove that its not mine.

we have no receipts.

So please if anyone knows anything about what to do in this situation, your help would be greatly appreciated.

phone the court directly

forget trying the bailiffs

get a redetermination order [variation] in motion

that will stop all action

you should have done this as soon as your income stopped

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

phone the court directly

forget trying the bailiffs

get a redetermination order [variation] in motion

that will stop all action

you should have done this as soon as your income stopped

dx

This is for a magistrates' court fine squire, it's not possible to request a redetermination.

It *may* be possible to ask the court to take the debt back and have a means enquiry - although this is only really considered in certain circumstances and is very difficulty to achieve.

Although bailiffs do have the right to force entry for fines it's actually very rarely exercised.

darn!

lets see

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Do you have details of the Enforcement Officer at the fines office (the one who issues warrants etc)? They do have the authority to call the debt back from the HCEO. I only know this as I managed to get it done after a HCEO officer turned up at my house threatening the same thing. You may find that the enforcement officer may be sympathetic to your situation and may get you back in court so that they can means test again. Worth a try.

The officer cannot be a HCEO if it is a magistrates fine?

Correct. It is just normal bailiffs who can be called off by the court. All that is required is a means hearing so that the reasons for non payment can be advised to Magistates. They may put a temporary hold on payments, if there is little or no income.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Op has been online today but no update since 29th August.

I would hope that this is all being dealt with on the open forum.

QueenEsther, please let any site team member know if you have received messages of help off forum against CAG rules.