default added by welcome finance in july 2009

rippedoff15
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3930 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife has got a default added by welcome finance in july 2009, however the file is also marked as satisifed, can we ask for this to be removed now its classed as paid, or will it be on file for 6 years from the default date !!!

Unfortunately it will stay on your file until the 6th anniversary of the default date :(

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

No the debt was statue barred in jan 2013, but had default date of 18/8/07 , however getting this removed has not made any mark on her file still the same score 499, did think it may increase a little

Their is an old halifax unpaid and unchased ccj which drops off on 21/09/13, hope this helps the credit score increase

The building of a 'credit profile' is not immediate on removal of a default entry, other factors will still influence the 'score' which is in fact just intended to give the individual a 'day to day' picture of how a potential creditor MAY view a credit application.

The CCJ showing will have a greater impact than the default removal.

Also unless there are a couple at least of accounts showing a good/excellent management record, no late or missed payments there is no data to base a 'score' increase upon.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Morning RO,

This is the difficult problem when no current credit facilities are being reported, as there is nothing for the CRAs to base a credit profile upon.

A credit builder credit card is an excellent starting point (I have no hesitation in saying take a look at Capital One in this area) a very low credit limit £250.00 is ideal make small regular purchases and pay them off every month, to build a picture of good management. BUT do not be tempted by accepting credit limit increases or credit card cheques, interest rates are high but by clearing all debt on time every month means you are building a profile without cost.

Stay away from catalogue accounts these are not seen as ideal money management accounts.

Let the CC account run for a year, then seek perhaps to purchase a small item on say 12-18 months credit ensure payment by DD or SO so that payments are not missed.

An inexpensive mobile phone contract can also help.

The process with care will take up to three years to get to a level of 'good'.

I presume that electoral registration is in place? Are there any linked addresses that could cause problems?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hi Brig

Have not applied for anything not even contract sim, as if refused it just adds search to credit file, we think best wait until the ccj drops off this may increase the score and help get some type credit score.

Good thinking RO!!:-)

Capital One don't help you if you've had a previous card with them. .....

Morning RO,

This is the difficult problem when no current credit facilities are being reported, as there is nothing for the CRAs to base a credit profile upon.

A credit builder credit card is an excellent starting point (I have no hesitation in saying take a look at Capital One in this area) a very low credit limit £250.00 is ideal make small regular purchases and pay them off every month, to build a picture of good management. BUT do not be tempted by accepting credit limit increases or credit card cheques, interest rates are high but by clearing all debt on time every month means you are building a profile without cost.

Stay away from catalogue accounts these are not seen as ideal money management accounts.

Let the CC account run for a year, then seek perhaps to purchase a small item on say 12-18 months credit ensure payment by DD or SO so that payments are not missed.

An inexpensive mobile phone contract can also help.

The process with care will take up to three years to get to a level of 'good'.

I presume that electoral registration is in place? Are there any linked addresses that could cause problems?

Updates and default dates are totally different and have no relationship.

Up dates are listed when the creditor or DCA amends or reports to the credit file. These shown as ' last updated' separate from the default date.

Updates and default dates are totally different and have no relationship.

Up dates are listed when the creditor or DCA amends or reports to the credit file. These shown as ' last updated' separate from the default date.

So at the 6 year point, I can still request removal if it hasn't dropped off the file?

AS said the update is not relevant, a defaulted account is removed on the 6th anniversary of the DEAFULT date. paid or not.

YOU do not have to do anything ALL defaulted account entries on CRA files are removed after 6 years paid or not!

UPDATES are not default dates.