IVAs to rise along with house prices

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3958 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Another interesting one from Insolvency News -

"IVAs to rise along with house prices" they seem to be suggesting

http://www.insolvencynews.com/article/15770/industry/ivas-to-rise-along-with-house-prices

Think it may be just a slight case of talking up IVAs maybe myself, what! - never" I hear them say, that does not happen with IVAs, surely not my dear:)

Of course it may well be the case that IVAs will rise however and as always, only time will tell.

All I seem to keep seeing are problems and failures with IVAs

Think carefully before entering an IVA, always check out all your options first and think very carefully before deciding especially where property is involved.

My opinions with a touch of the usual humour

Edited by Wintry

Well I guess if house prices are increasing less people might be keen to consider bankruptcy. If house prices are going to start climbing a lot of IVA clients are going to get absolutely stung with their equity clauses. If anything I would feel that the IVA route is probably more risky now that it has been over the past few years.

Well I guess if house prices are increasing less people might be keen to consider bankruptcy. If house prices are going to start climbing a lot of IVA clients are going to get absolutely stung with their equity clauses. If anything I would feel that the IVA route is probably more risky now that it has been over the past few years.

Hi

Yes, I will go with that

Secured loans to raise any equity where a re-mortgage is not possible are already doing the rounds so to speak.

Dress it up and sell, but the agreements & protocol say an extra 12 month payments don't they?

The creditors wont be happy though, so we might have to do it or they might stop doing so many IVAs, strange that, what about all the money in fees that go out of the arrangements with PPI claims? nobody seems to mention that!

I suppose you have to laugh:)

My view and humour

Edited by Wintry