The best and worst car insurers

citizenB
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3900 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ever wondered which company is the best for car insurance in the UK? And which you should avoid taking out a policy with?

Well Auto Express has put together a countdown of the best and worst car insurers in its latest Driver Power Survey that might steer you in the right direction.

Over 46,000 motorists were asked to judge car insurers and brokers on five areas: communication, speed of settling a claim, helpfulness, value for money and the overall service.

So which car insurer was voted top and which came bottom?

The Best Car Insurer

NFU blew the competition out of the water and achieved a score of 89.09%, ticking the right boxes for great customer service and attentive staff.

The worst car insurer

At the other end of the scale, Diamond, which provides car insurance ‘shaped’ for women, finished last in the survey of 40 car insurers.

Read more : http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/best-worst-car-insurers-092605067.html

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It is interesting that the companies that are the best have management who care about good standards of customer service, with staff who have good understanding of Insurance. NFU for example are committed to having staff who study for Insurance qualifications. Some of the worst companies, have cheaper operations with some outsourcing and management who are less concerned with customer service and are more interested in short term profit making.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 weeks later...

Is it only me, or does anyone else think its hilarious that due to the evil ways of Google Ads and the fact that I got a quote recently from a certain company, this page with its somewhat negative view of Hastings Direct has an advert at both the top and bottom of the page for.... Hastings Direct! :wink::roll:

Is it only me, or does anyone else think its hilarious that due to the evil ways of Google Ads and the fact that I got a quote recently from a certain company, this page with its somewhat negative view of Hastings Direct has an advert at both the top and bottom of the page for.... Hastings Direct! :wink::roll:

Yes that is always amusing. On another politics type forum I was getting Google ads for dating women in uniform and mature dating etc. I was thinking that I had not looked at such sites to generate the ads and then others reported that they also had the same ads appearing. So some ads get placed depending on what cookies you have on your computer and others are placed because they think the site might attract interest. I suppose the calculation on the politics site is that there will be people looking for a bit of fun, evidenced by the behaviour of politicians over many years.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Google sets ads mainly on what is in your browser history so we can all see the same page but all with differing adverts.

I would advise everyone to download Ccleaner and run the boxes ticked except the bottom one as that can take some time.

Ccleaner will clear all your browser history as well as a multitude of other crap that can slow you pc down, it is free and the most recommended cleaner out there at present.

It can be set to run each time the pc is switched on.

• 1 month later...

Not surprised that Diamond are bottom but amazed their sister companies Admiral, Bell and Elephant don't get a mention. They are popular (cheap) companies with a combined sizeable market share.

My past experience of Admiral put them low on the list and my recent insurers LV= and John Lewis justify their relatively high position.