Disgusted with Sky.

locksmith1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

i'm going to try and make this short and to the point. I joined Sky, signed up to all 3 deals (phone, internet, tv). had phone and internet connected. Due to tv breaking and replacement time, had the tv service installed six months later. at this point sky realised they had not taken any direct debits for 6 months for phone charges. They billed me in one go (£180). i could not afford to pay bill in one go. Sky cut my tv service off. Many phone calls later Sky admitted this was their fault, but refused to re connect me. i wrote to their c.e.o. got call from someone in executive office. I suggested they take direct debit for my normal monthly bills, and allow me to pay the outstanding amount in installments. They said no, but reconnected me and it was agreed I pay £40 on the 30th of each month. i actually made two payments that month, but they cut me off again at the beginning of the next month, saying I had broken my payment plan as I had not made a payment on the 30th. I explained that was for the next payment the next month (as I had made two payments that month). But there seems to be little in the way of common sense at sky. They refused to restore my service until the whole amount had been paid off - now over £200, despite this being their fault. The next morning my phone line was restricted.

I feel totally bullied and cornered. I sent yet another email to the ceo. My husband, who is at home recovering from a heart attack and thus not working, finally paid the amount in full, as the stress of dealing with sky is too much, and I need an active phone line. This has now put us in a very difficult financial situation.

Do I have any grounds to take this to the small claims court?

was the payment made on the 30th or before that month?

I might help you type up the agreement against what you have paid

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)