Sheilas Wheels claiming I owe them money version 2

pebsham
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3957 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an identical situation to Haywok ( http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?399029-Sheilas-Wheels-claiming-I-owe-them-money&p=4306961#post4306961 ) plus a little extra.

I rang at renewal to get a competitive quote.

The quote was above quotes I had already found on the internet (including Sheila's wheels by the way).

I told the lady I would not be renewing and cancelled my direct debit

I then decided It was time to put my old convertible on the road for the summer so "SORN'D" the car covered originally by Sheila's wheels & went with another company

Some 2 moths later I received the "you owe us...." letter.

I explained the situation and sent a copy of my new insurance for another car to them.

This wasn't good enough and they demanded I send them a letter from DVLA showing the car "SORN'd".

After obtaining the DVLA notice I emailed it to them.

They emailed back asking me to call them.

Instead I wrote explaining the situation and asking for the matter to be closed as they stated they would.

A few days later I received a letter & email from a debt collectionicon company chasing this huge sum (£45) on behalf of Sheila's Sharks.

It looks to be a nice little earner for Sheila's wheels.

Anybody got thoughts on my next move?

You need to send a complaint by recorded delivery. They obviously did not lapse the policy at renewal and therefore their system thinks you owe money. Address the letter to their Customer Service Manager/Complaints. Ask for compensation for your inconvenience or you will continue the complaint with the FOS.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You need to send a complaint by recorded delivery. They obviously did not lapse the policy at renewal and therefore their system thinks you owe money. Address the letter to their Customer Service Manager/Complaints. Ask for compensation for your inconvenience or you will continue the complaint with the FOS.

Thanks for that

Should I send an "account in dispute... do not continue pursuing" letter to the DCA?

Thanks for that

Should I send an "account in dispute... do not continue pursuing" letter to the DCA?

In the letter to Shielas you can ask them to stop the DCA contacting you.

Check your credit record to make sure this has not been noted, as that would be another part of the complaint.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread