Delayed Charges

difbear
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6625 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,

I'm about to send my DPA letter off as today was the last straw. I still had £70 or so available credit in the acount, tried to access it today and I'm overdrawn by £14. Why? Because they've charged me for three transactions on the 5th March. Strange because any discrepancies I've had in the last three years have always been charged immediately. Even more annoying is that the money I lifted showed on my available balance even though the payment that cause me to be overdrawn should have been taken out two days previous.

I've given up arguing with their call centre but I beleive I'm now also being charged £35 per transaction after I've gone over my overdraft. This includes 4 small transaction of under £5 which if I understand correctly is going to cost £140 :confused:

I'm going to see them tomorrow as I'm really at a loss about this. Is it normal procedure to charge over one month after the instance? :(

Thankfully I've not had any charges since 2003, but when they used to happen, they would always take them on the last day of the month following the 'default'.

Halifax Bank - presume they all operate in a similar fashion......

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks. I had a charge later on that month when my internet company charged my account making me overdrawn. That bank charge was taken on the same day yet one that occured earlier in the month was only deducted on the 11th April.

I'll post how I got on tomorrow night.

They will charge whatever and whenever they think they can get away with, and only YOU can stop them. Would definitely send the DPA request letter, recorded delivery, and include the £10 statutory fee.

If you have any other way of accessing your transaction history (filed statements, online account) then I would start calculating what they owe you as soon as possible. If not, then you have a 40 day wait.

Above all, you set a timetable, and make them stick to it - ignore any delaying tactics they may try.

Good luck.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I've got the last 200 transactions only. I'm not at home so no access to my statements and I've never ekpt them anyway. 40 days is not a long time to get my own back on these charlatans! :)

Need to be nice to them tomorrow and see what I can sort out. I'm switching to RBS due to their promise to keep their CC's in the UK. Nothing against the other banks and location of their CC's but the language barrier & time delay to the likes of india is not for me and it gives me zero confidence in my bank.

On further inspection it seems I have actually always been charged the previous months charges on the 11th of the monty. :(

However, I've got charges due next month for four payments made from my card last week. These never appeared on my statement until yesterday but they've made sure they charged their money first, bringing me overdrawn and then charging me more for transactions. The sensible thing would surely be to have paid my transactions with my cash(they only ammounted to £4 combined) and then took their charges? :confused:

Not a smuch revenue in it for them that way obviously. :confused:

Not a smuch revenue in it for them that way obviously. :confused:

That sounds rather cynical...almost as if you believe that they are only after profit rather than wanting to provide a service...

I'm sure if you check back ALL charges will have been applied on the same date, and that charges will ALWAYS be applied before debits (allowing for more charges) and finally credits will be added...

It's your money - you will get it back.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6625 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks