Cougar ignoring OFT rules doorstep visit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3955 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Sent normal letter saying no doorstep visits got this back...

In relation to your comments surrounding our letter advising the possibility of a doorstep visit you are not correct in your assertion that under OFT rules we can only call at your home if you agree to make an appointment. The debt is not reasonably disputed or deadlocked and we are giving you reasonable notice of the timing of the intended visit

In law a creditor is in a different position to a portman or a member of the public asking for directions. When you opened this account you impliedly agreed that the creditor could communicate with you to discuss repayment. You do not have the contractural right to revoke that agreement u til the loan has been repaid

We will

Not disregard any reasonable requests you make as to the timing or method by which we make those discussions. Unless we hear further from you with such a request a doorstep visit may still be a viable option for us to discuss the repayment of your account

There was some nonsense a out 6 months to escalate the complaint?

What shall I do is this right? Are they talking nonsense

Thanks gav

You would be better off telling them that if they were to make the effort to come to your home and knock on the door they will just be told to sod off, so for the benefit of the environment don't waste your time and petrol. They would be more likely to not bother with a visit as you have been so blunt about it.

They are not permitted to just turn up on the doorstep - they MUST make an appointment and if you don't agree to the visit, then they are stumped aren't they ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

So their letter is complete nonsense

Yep :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Wouldnt matter. Oft guidelines are very clear. No appointment = no visit.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

think about it logically.

They are not permitted just to turn up on the doorstep without an appointment.

You are not going to agree to any visit.

What would be the point of them turning up - they have no authority to enter your home and must leave when asked to.

If they make a fuss in order to embarrass you then they are inviting a claim for harassment.

So again.. what would be the purpose of them turning up ?

These letters are written with one thing in mind - to intimidate you into a knee jerk reaction. To make telephone contact (their weapon of choice)

You have instead advised them that you are not going to make an appointment with them - so now they are engaging in silly letter tennis.

BCOBS

Who are Cougar acting on behalf of ?

BCOBS

Ignore them. A creditor must accept your offer if you are in financial difficulty. Even if it means £1 a month. They are also only acting on behalf of another company, so ignore them completely. They have zero powers.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D