signed for gone missing. Rights?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3972 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

long story short.

My employer sent me arond £1k of "work" using signed for royal mail service.

After a week, i hadn't received it. Phoned employer, they sent me link to tracking site, where it was clear the item had been signed for. Not by me. No neighbours signed for it. A week AFTER this my wife found a royal mail slip behind the door saying " item in blue bin" Obv there was nothing in the blue bin.

So where do i stand. RM say its only insured for £50. employer has now washed their hands of it, and ME !

I'm not pointing a finger here, BUT i have had signed for items delivered to my address before without me ever having signed for them....

What are you looking for as a resolution?.

The sender can't claim any money from you, as you never signed for it.

You can't claim anything from Royal Mail, as you aren't the sender.

The sender can claim from RM, but RM's liability is limited according to the service the employer chose to use +\- any additional cover (consequential loss and so on) if the sender used Special Delivery and added the additional cover.

If you are out of pocket as a result of the sender not sending the work to you by a sufficiently secure method:

a) what does your contract with them say regarding such,

b) even if you could recover money under the terms of your contract : would you wish to risk alienating them by doing so?

Edited by BazzaS

The sender has no financial intrest in the items. FWIW it was paperwork that I had initially sent to them for verificiation, which they verified ( thus giving it the value) and sent it back to me ( and it went missing)

I have no written contract with them.

Bazza - If the postman has directly caused the loss of this paperwork, Surely i have the basis of a claim from RM.

The sender has no financial intrest in the items. FWIW it was paperwork that I had initially sent to them for verificiation, which they verified ( thus giving it the value) and sent it back to me ( and it went missing)

I have no written contract with them.

Bazza - If the postman has directly caused the loss of this paperwork, Surely i have the basis of a claim from RM.

You have no contract with RM. RM's T&C's state only the sender can claim from them.

It being the postie's fault is a separate issue to if you can claim from RM or not.

RM at fault? Yes.

Sender can claim from RM? Yes.

You can claim from RM? No.

You can claim from sender? Possibly.

Edited by BazzaS