Quest Debt Recovery

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3964 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My Wife has an outstanding balance with Quest Debt Recovery, for £238.62 for a debt with Vets 4 Pets Ltd,

They have put a County court Judgement on her for the above amount.

However i am not sure if we are too late or not, but the amount outstanding is disputed.

We took our pet to have her annual booster injection, which was taken out by a free offer which we downloaded online, and took into store, at the same time they gave her a kennel cough injection. There was no charge on the day for this and we went away happy, but without any proof whatsoever that she had had the injection completed.

We had a second appointment booked for the follow up injection, which in turn was cancelled by them, we rearranged, but unfortunately, had to cancel ours. We then received a few letters of abuse from the owner about the fact that he feels we were avoiding him!

We told him that because of his attitude that we would not be returning with the dog for any further injections or care.

He then instrusted a solicitor to start court proceedings to recover this money, which in my view is not owed anyway, he is not out of pocket for the work carried out, other than the original injection, we hae no proof that he actually did do the injections, and with the abusive and agressive messages from him, we dont feel we owe the debt, certainly not the £238.62 what a court order was granted for.

Really would appreciate any help in this matter.

Thanks

Knowledge is Power

Did you receive a letter before action ? Was this a default judgment(did you not contest the judgment or return the N( form which came with the claim pack?)

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Sorry crossed posts :)

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

sorry, i was not very clear, yes this has been to court, and judgement was awarded in their favour.

My wife did put a response back in the claim pack, but has a tendency to bury her head, so didnt contest it enough or in enoigh detail, i believve the points were raised, but have no idea as to what was said about them in court.

Knowledge is Power

So it sounds like a defence was put in (in writing) but your wife did not attend the court hearing to argue the matter?

If that is the case then the Judge can only go on the information in front of him/her and the detail given by those who attend the hearing.

If your wife did not attend then the Judge would make a decision based on the evidence presented.

I think you will find it nigh on impossible to get this set aside as there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the process. The time to have argued the points was at the court hearing.

Others may disagree but that is my feeling.

Yes if it were a default judgment you may have had a chance but as it stands, i think you would be wasting your time. I would just repay the DCA at XX pounds month, set up a standing order with your bank and ignore the letters, after they have had a few payments they should stop bothering you.

Just to add you will have to let them know you are doing this obviously.